Thread: Male Humping

Puppy

Male Humping

I hope i'm in the right Forum... MY 5 year old (neutered) male chocolate lab has just recently started humping my wife. He has always respected her and never did anything like this before. He has humped - or tried to hump - male visitors. I can understand that, dominance saying this is my house!!!. But now he started humping the misses only once or twice. Not sure why or what she or I should do. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

humping isn't about dominance all the time. it can be about exitement (not sexual exitement just exitement) or a variety of other things OTHER than dominance.

Anyway just gently but firmly get him off and give a command (you can say "no hump") - like jumping just don't give him what he wants (likely attention).

For guests keep him on leash. You can generally see the dog is about to hump before they do so you want to issue the command (or an alternative behaviour like siad or down) before they actually hump (actually this part goes for your wife as well).

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos