Wrong Door Silly

Yesterday, the husband and I spent the late morning/early afternoon in Nashville. When we got back, Oliver was hyper...shocker since he'd just spent half the day by himself. So anyway, my husband was trying to get his riding lawnmower running since our yard was starting to look like a jungle and Oliver wouldn't stay away from it or relax so I put him in the house as a time out. I put him in the house through the backdoor that leads to our backyard and when I would come in the house to check on him, he would be patiently waiting by the FRONT door. Each time I came in the backdoor, I would say "I didn't go out that door" and he'd come running to the backdoor. Such a silly dog....after a couple times of me going in and out, he calmed down enough that we could play fetch in the backyard while the husband got the lawnmower to run. I have learned that time outs in the form of "alone" time really work with Oliver. This is where being a Velcro dog has its advantages.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

That's funny. Mocha almost always goes out the door to the garage. But he knows "front door".

Years ago, I had a cocker spaniel that was blind. I moved to a new apt and got the leash to take him out. He stood at the closet door. I tried to tug him to the front door and he just wouldn't move. So I opened the closet door. He knew by the smell it wasn't "outside". Then he let me lead him to the front door. I still miss that dog.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CraftHer For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (04-13-2015)

Senior Dog
    They are such little pattern matchers. "But this is the regular door, Mom!" On a related note: DH took my car to the shop today after dropping me at work. He then drove the car home and into the garage. He said Kimber seemed very confused when he came out of the garage instead of me!
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (04-13-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos