Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it a LABBIE Think?

Hi.. everyone... Sophie loves her toys.. and we play hard in our back yard.. tug of war... throwing the frissbee.. and so forth.. except for one thing.. when I walk she is right on my ASS with her dirty toys rubbing all over my shorts. I have learned to wear old things to play..lolol... she also will nibble the toy butted up against my skin and this causes her to bite me in the butt or back of thighs. When I came home today, she greeted me with her greasy pork bone.. wanting to rub it up against my nice jeans of which I had to hold her off until I took off the jeans!! I know this sounds ODD.. but any other labs do this??

Thanks,
    Sophie's mom
    Last edited by Zookeepermom247; 04-13-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Theo does. I'll be cooking dinner and he will bring me a toy...bump bump bump, right against my butt. When I'm drying my hair, he's pushing his slimy stuffed big ball against my legs. Even just walking through the house, he's usually bumping the backs of my legs with whatever toy he is carrying. He does the nibbling, or readjusting toys against my (or visitors' skin) and sometimes makes contact. I am starting to phase out toys that fit too neatly in his mouth, mostly to keep my Mom safe from errant teeth when she visits.

ETA: My big play-baby Harley always carried toys around as well. He was more the type to chuck the toys at me or drop them at my feet. I am hoping that Theo will get to that point, because the shoving against me is always gross and sometimes annoying.
    Last edited by Laura; 04-13-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Hidden Content Theo 8/14/14

I think its a Labby thing. Mocha does the same things with a wet Kong, wet football, wet bone, wet anything!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Ugh, yes!! Oliver will have to chew whatever he is playing with on my lap. There are times when I look down and there is a fresh snot stain on my pants and I wonder when he did that. So gross. He also LOVES getting a big drink of water, putting a toy in his mouth, and then shoving it against my legs which means a HUGE gross wet spot on my pants. So lovely. Glad to know it isn't only my dog that does this. Lol.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sorry.. it is a Labbie thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie's mom View Post
    Sorry.. it is a Labbie thing?
    We knew what you meant
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

LOLOL.. ok..ok.. it is a labbie thing....lol... I know about that reposition thing on my butt and legs.. OUCH....lol..

Sophie's mom

Its a labby thing. Bacon is the king of bringing a sloppery, muddy ball right to my crotch.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Rosie will pretty much only chew her bones on my lap. Once they get all soft and yucky, I look at my pants and I have bone residue on my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by beth101509 View Post
    Ugh, yes!! Oliver will have to chew whatever he is playing with on my lap. There are times when I look down and there is a fresh snot stain on my pants and I wonder when he did that. So gross. He also LOVES getting a big drink of water, putting a toy in his mouth, and then shoving it against my legs which means a HUGE gross wet spot on my pants. So lovely. Glad to know it isn't only my dog that does this. Lol.
    LOL The get a drink thing. Hemi will go get a huge drink of water then immediately search me out to give me a big kiss. If I am laying on the floor I get a huge wet kiss right on the forehead.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos