Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does this sound crazy?

The last 2 times I woke up in the middle of the night due to a nightmare, Oliver has been having one. When I wake up, I hear his mumbled sleep-cry. Do you think that even though he is sleeping, he can sense my distress from my nightmare and that causes him to have one?? Or just coincidence that we have nightmares at the same time?
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I think its a coincidence. Just because he's making noise doesn't mean he's having a nightmare though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to arentspowell For This Useful Post:

Labradorks (04-21-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by arentspowell View Post
    I think its a coincidence. Just because he's making noise doesn't mean he's having a nightmare though.
    You don't think dogs can have bad dreams? It is the sound he makes when he has bad dreams. I am pretty sure he is having them as he is whimpering and crying but it is muffled.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

How on earth can you know what he's dreaming about?

And conversely, how on earth would HE know what you're dreaming about???

I sincerely doubt that he was channeling your dreams, and I even more sincerely doubt if he was having a nightmare just because he was "whimpering and crying."

On an unrelated note, why be so argumentative? You asked, someone responded, you don't like the answer so you throw it back in her face? Please, if you don't want an opinion, which may very well disagree with yours, then don't ask.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue For This Useful Post:

AlexS (04-21-2015), Berna (04-24-2015), Labradorks (04-21-2015)

Oh I think they have bad dreams just like people but the muffled whimpering and crying isn't an indication. Hemi does this all the time. I can usually tell what his dream is by how he acts when he wakes up. Same sounds for both types of dreams. If he wakes up uneasy and cautious and looking around with a worried look. Then I take that as awakening from bad dream. If he wakes up from and is smiling and stretching and like oh dad I love you which is probably 99% of the time. Then it was a good dream.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (04-22-2015), Maxx&Emma (04-21-2015)

I'm pretty sure your dog can't read your dreams, but I do believe dogs have dreams that are both good and bad. Chopper was wagging his tail yesterday evening while he was sleeping. LOL... I'm pretty sure he wasn't having a nightmare.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppersDad For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (04-22-2015)

I bet whoever is sleeping is hearing the dream sounds the other one is making and it gets into their dream, or nightmare, too. I bet we have all had dreams (good or bad) with a sound in them only to waken and find there is a real sound. The phone, a siren, a tree branch rubbing on the roof in the wind.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (04-22-2015), Charlotte K. (04-23-2015), Meeps83 (04-21-2015), POPTOP (04-21-2015)

House Broken
    Snowshow nailed it!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shelly For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (04-23-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    How on earth can you know what he's dreaming about?

And conversely, how on earth would HE know what you're dreaming about???

I sincerely doubt that he was channeling your dreams, and I even more sincerely doubt if he was having a nightmare just because he was "whimpering and crying."

On an unrelated note, why be so argumentative? You asked, someone responded, you don't like the answer so you throw it back in her face? Please, if you don't want an opinion, which may very well disagree with yours, then don't ask.
    I was asking a question and explaining why I felt he was dreaming in case I didn't make myself clear before. The person that responded made it sound like they didn't believe a dog could have a bad dream and I was getting clarification on that. If you feel they don't have bad dreams, fine. I do. I don't understand why it is such a crime to have an opinion that differs. Isn't that the point of these things? To have a normal, healthy conversation about differing opinions? Why does everyone get so offensive because I have an opinion or ask a question? Jeez people, get off my back! There are 3 or 4 of you that argue with everything I say and I have no idea why but it is getting overwhelming. Just stop, please.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by beth101509 View Post
    I was asking a question and explaining why I felt he was dreaming in case I didn't make myself clear before. The person that responded made it sound like they didn't believe a dog could have a bad dream and I was getting clarification on that. If you feel they don't have bad dreams, fine. I do. I don't understand why it is such a crime to have an opinion that differs. Isn't that the point of these things? To have a normal, healthy conversation about differing opinions? Why does everyone get so offensive because I have an opinion or ask a question? Jeez people, get off my back!
    I didn't say that I don't believe a dog could have a bad dream. I'm sure they do, however, I don't think crying and whimpering sounds necessarily indicate he was having a nightmare.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arentspowell For This Useful Post:

Berna (04-24-2015), beth101509 (04-22-2015), Sue (04-22-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos