Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm gonna cry

I'm gonna cry

Capone has an application in for him. I guess I should be happy but I'm so attached to him this is really breaking my heart. I think BC he's so fearful and I've spent so much time working with him. The others are very outgoing and afraid but quick to warm up. Capone isn't hes stopped the lunging and barking but no w he just avoids except me.

I'm sure he will bond once he's in a new home. I get attached to them all but for some reason he's hitting me very hard.

If I didn't have 5 dogs I would totally be a foster fail with him. I did tell the rescue person if he comes back for whatever reason I want him back and he's staying. I'm not passing him from home to home.

Kittens are so much easier

Glad he may have a forever home! I feel for you, I know the bond that we all have with our pets is strong, fosters are no different.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Thank you for fostering. We know we would be total foster failures if we tried!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Kittens are NOT easier. Sorry though, know how you feel.

This is bittersweet for sure!

It's because you love him and have cared for him with such love. You have given him an excellent start. Know it is hard on you. Thank you for helping him be the pup he always deserved to be.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (04-22-2015)

They are all so lucky to have you, obviously loving and caring for them as if they'd be with you forever. He could not have had a better chance to be a much loved family's pet.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

That's why I could never foster. Thank you for doing this, and you can look at it as you did a great job to set him up for success in his forever home.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    Kittens are NOT easier. Sorry though, know how you feel.
    LOL your right they aren't that's why I currently have 6 my last foster fail was just last year and I would have kept Kramer as well except the person who dropped him off wanted him back he just didn't have the time to bottle feed him.

I am a definite foster failure and feel fortunate I only kept Emma out of the entire litter. I know where each of her siblings are and see them often for playdates. I would take any of them back, without question, almost 10 years later. I could never breed either, it would be a complete disaster, lol!

The work you do is amazing and I really admire your commitment and the love and attention you give each one of your fosters. It takes a very special person.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos