Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annamaet Option

Annamaet Option

The thread on Annamaet Lean got me looking at the Annamaet website. Anybody feed Annamaet Option? It looks like something my boys would do well on. Chewy has 40lb bags for $69.99. Just curious.

Nancy

never heard of it, what is it? google here I come
    Amateur pet owner
    Hidden Content
    Chili born 7/21/2013

It's a good food and I'm tempted.

As you know, I think highly of Annamaet and have fed their Aqualuk at times.

Any particular reason the 24/13 Option formula was appealing to you more than the classic Extra 26/16 formula? The price you quoted seems good. Chewy typically got the food to me in six days on the west coast here.

Did the 26/16 have chicken? Can't remember I'd have to go look again. I picked this one because the protein sources are salmon meal and venison meal - my dogs do well with those. We can forget anything chicken. Off to the website. LOL

Nancy

Right you are . . . I just looked at the website again. It seems that among the grain-inclusive formulas, the Option formula is the only one without chicken meal. That would be the one I'd have to try for Luna also considering her chicken intolerance.

House Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy0 View Post
    The thread on Annamaet Lean got me looking at the Annamaet website. Anybody feed Annamaet Option? It looks like something my boys would do well on. Chewy has 40lb bags for $69.99. Just curious.

Nancy
    Nothing wrong with Option but the best "LID", chicken free food around now is Farmina N&D Wild Cod, with 30% protein 18% fat and no canola oil. It also comes in the perfect kibble size for garbage disposal breeds like Labs and other sporting breeds. I am using the Chicken GF but have seen testimonials on Facebook for the Cod and they are glowing. Chewy is out of it but DogFoodDirect has it and you should double check before you think can't get in stores because it just might be available. Check with the company via Facebook. The stuff is that good.

House Broken Candy and Spike's Dad's Avatar
    Hey LabMunsterBracco, you sound familiar....

House Broken Candy and Spike's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy0 View Post

Nancy
    I love the new pic of Charlie and Niner!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Candy and Spike's Dad For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (05-31-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by LabMunsterBracco View Post
    Nothing wrong with Option but the best "LID", chicken free food around now is Farmina N&D Wild Cod, with 30% protein 18% fat and no canola oil. It also comes in the perfect kibble size for garbage disposal breeds like Labs and other sporting breeds. I am using the Chicken GF but have seen testimonials on Facebook for the Cod and they are glowing. Chewy is out of it but DogFoodDirect has it and you should double check before you think can't get in stores because it just might be available. Check with the company via Facebook. The stuff is that good.
    Since you've mentioned the Farmina N&D Wild Cod (low grain), I'll add that both my dogs have been eating that formula for a couple of months and I've been really pleased. I usually rotate foods, but at the moment we're in a happy spot with it and don't see changing. It's not priced bad either considering the percentage of protein from animal sources is 94%: $53.99 for 26.4 pounds

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos