Winger for Dog Training

Wondering if any of you work with wingers for dog training. Jake and I would like to make our own, as buying one is a little above our budget. Just wondering if anyone has any guidance it would be appreciated!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Senior Dog
    I have 4 Zinger Wingers (minis and 1 field trailer) which we bought for the days when there is just my sister and I training. I prefer the Minis because they are easier to handle and can fit crosswise in the truck bed. They are good for hunt test training but we still prefer hand thrown birds for field trial. Are you thinking manual or remote launch (electronics)? When we are using them by ourselves we take the ATV because you have a great deal of walking to reload. With a group we leave someone at each winger to do the reloading.
    There are a lot of different models with different release systems on the market. We also have some older homemade ones that were modelled after the Tangelo Tosser. I liked them because the tension on them was not a tight as Zinger Winger and you stepped on a lever to release. Unfortunately they were manual only so someone had to do the releasing. If you are going to make yours I would visit the websites of the various manufacturers and have a look at their release systems. You can also get some design ideas.

I train with a pro and she has three Zinger Wingers with the remote release systems. They have sound systems that quack and they shoot off primers as the duck is "thrown" into the air. There still has to be a person next to it to reload it. From what I've noticed, they seem to always need something fixed on them, even though we try to treat them carefully. The electronics on them don't seem that breakable, but the rubber bands are always just wearing out, and sometimes the striker that shoots off the primer doesn't.

For my purposes, now that Rocket Dog is steady enough, I would be using the Hillman/Voigt approach of stand alone and walk-back singles.

This is what I've been looking at Server Connection Closed

Oh, OK... so you're looking for something you can use from the line. Got it.

We have a bumper launcher that we can use from the line, but we want something to launch birds or bumpers for long retrieve
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

I have Gunners Up SOG's that I bought used through classified ads. Needed some minor work but less expensive than new and likely less than trying to make my own. I already had remoted elcetronics that were compatible that I also bought used on classified ads. Work like a charm!

Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos