Has anyone tried Seresto flea and tick collar?

I've seen the TV ads and wondered how well it worked. I've tried different brands of the "spot" applications but not happy with them. I've never used a flea collar on Duke before and wondered if they're more or less effective than the spot applications or if it's just a matter of preference. Then again, maybe the fleas are just worse in Florida, lol.

I use the Seresto collar on my Cassie. She tested positive for Lyme at her 1 year checkup even though she had been vaccinated. We frequently walk a State Forest that is loaded with deer and thus ticks. Since the collar went on I have yet to find any on her. We are on our second collar now .. 8 mos coverage with one collar. So far no problems and Cassie's Lyme level came down to below 10 when titrated at 6 mos after treatment. I blame myself for her exposure but felt better when I found that my sister's dog that is just a couple months older than mine, tested positive for Lyme even though she's never been out in the woods.

Haven't seen fleas so I can't speak for its effectiveness there but the Vet spoke highly of it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JackK For This Useful Post:

Duke's Ma (05-01-2015)

House Broken
    I was coming here today to ask that question myself. I just put drops on Reggie earlier this week and while they didn't bother him too much, they do seem to make him very itchy... though no rash or anything like that, that I can tell.

I was thinking about getting him one of these collars for next month....

I know a few people who use them and are happy with them. One thing to be cautious of, if the dog would swallow any part of the collar, it will continue to release the repellant once digested. If you have just one dog this is probably not much of a concern, it would be moreso if you had two dogs who like to grab onto each others necks when playing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shellbell For This Useful Post:

Duke's Ma (05-01-2015), klnst3 (06-05-2015)

Best Friend Retriever
    Molly has one on right now, & it seems to be working. Our pets came up with fleas this spring for the 1st time in their lives, & Lab Molly is almost 11, & Pug Rugby is almost 13.....cat is 9. We've had 2 very mild winters in a row which is probably the reason the fleas are thriving. The cat is getting Advantage spot-on, Rugby is getting K-9 Advantix II because with Pugs' rather delicate tracheas, I don't want to put a collar on her. As soon as I saw fleas leaping off Molly's bed onto the light-colored linoleum in our kitchen, I went straight to the vet to find out what they are doing these days for fleas, since it has been so many years since I've had to deal with them. We seem to have nipped the problem in the bud. Hate fleas!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos