Thread: worried:(

worried:(

In the middle if the night last night one of the dogs threw up I wasn't sure who and it's common for my sheltie to every now and then. Then this morning the dogs were outside and Gauge was eating grass also not uncommon. I did notice he wasn't his exuberant self outside.

We came in and he puked mostly brown liquid with little chunks. Took his temp it was normal. After he threw up I felt so bad he just plastered himself to me with those sad little labby eyes.

He's not the type of lab to eat something he shouldn't. He's just kind of laying around and I'm debating weather to feed him or wait and feed him a little later.

I don't think its anything to rush to the emergency hospital for but if still not better tomorrow I will run him in to the vet.

Hopefully just a virus I hate when the don't feel well

I'd probably wait at least a few hours. As long as he poo'd normal I wouldn't be to concerned.

I gave him 1/2 cup of food just to see if he would keep it down. He didn't so he's getting fasted for the rest of the day.

He looked huntched when I took him out he was licking his penis a lot he did pee outside normal stream. He hasn't pooped yet this morning but that's also not uncommon. He's not anxious or pacing and doesn't look bloated.

He's def not himself. I called my vet at home he said as long as he's peeing keep an eye on him and bring him in tomorrow if not better for xrays.

I have to go out for a few hours and so nervous to leave him.

Of course I'm making myself sick sometimes I hate working for a vet.

He's still wagging so that makes me feel better

Poor Gauge. Maybe a little tummy virus or something he ate he should not have. As long as he is drinking and not showing any other symptoms, I too would give him a little time. Maybe a bland meal for his next meal.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

I have an appointment with Gauge tomorrow. When I came back he vomited on the bed then I let him out he vomited again.

I called my vet again and said as long as he's not painful or straining to go he should be ok to wait til first thing tomorrow.

Then about 6ish he started acting more like himself and finally pooped. He's now following me around wagging and wanting his dinner which I'm going to offer a small bland meal later tonight as per the vet if he didn't vomit anymore.

I think I may still bring him in to be saft and give me peace of mind.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

smartrock (05-03-2015)

how was he overnight?

He's perfectly fine today. Gave him a little bit of boiled venison last night late and he kept it down. Today he's back to his normal self. I took him in and the vet thinks maybe he was partly constipated. He found nothing remarkable which is good so just keeping an eye on him. He was playing with benelli today yesterday he wouldn't play with him.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

BaconsMom (05-04-2015), Charlotte K. (05-06-2015), Jollymolly (05-06-2015), MikeLynn (05-06-2015), POPTOP (05-04-2015), sparky (05-04-2015)

I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better. And that you're feeling better, too

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear he is feeling better.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Glad he is doing better

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos