fresh pet vital -raw

is this an acceptable item to feed? i don't have the stomach to allow my pup to gnaw on a chicken thigh right out of the package so i came across fresh pet vital raw in the refrigerator section of the pet store and i was wondering peoples opinions on this?

If you are going to do commercial raw, I think I would stay away from this one and look at brands like Nature's Variety, Tucker's Raw Frozen, and some of the other brands out there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JenC For This Useful Post:

hodor0305 (05-04-2015)

We use this as a treat. It's kinda like a hot dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeps83 View Post
    We use this as a treat. It's kinda like a hot dog.

oh no! lol than i would assume its definitely not the idea of a good meal

I did look at pre-packaged raw foods and they are pretty expensive around here. Just buying the roll for a treat is pretty cheap though. We use it as our high-value training treats. We also use the RAW instinct medallions but Mav isn't crazy about them.

hodor isnt crazy about anything to eat except boiled chicken... i went to a local pet food store who suggested to get off kibble and try a raw diet.. he also gave me some samples of Dr.Harveys miracle dog food , hodor wouldnt even touch it... ive been through so many kibble brands im at wits end and am willing to try anything

As I recall, you were having problems with feeding the dog and it seems like you are still changing foods left and right. A dog will not starve itself but it will play you and refuse food.

Pick ONE food, ONE brand, my recommendation Pro Plan for a good middle of the road food, and STICK to it. The dog doesn't eat, it misses a meal. It won't miss too many meals if you don't offer alternatives.

i'm constantly having problems with him eating his food
    i tried proplan and he wasn't eating it and then gets sick from not eating and it turns into a vicious circle (this was when he threw up for 5 days straight) so vet suggested taste of the wild, which he was eating up until friday when he then decided not to eat any longer, then getting sick from not eating..its hard to have tough love and allow your dog to skip meals when they get sick from not eating :-\

Have you tried rotating the protein sources of the kibble he will eat? TOTW comes in several "flavors" and maybe buying several smaller bags and changing it up each meal would work.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx&Emma View Post
    Have you tried rotating the protein sources of the kibble he will eat? TOTW comes in several "flavors" and maybe buying several smaller bags and changing it up each meal would work.
    this i have tried! i switched him from salmon to venison and bison and it was a no go... last night i put the salmon back into the boiled chicken (i grind it up and mix it in) and he ate it... i guess it depends on how well the chicken is ground and his mood (i guess im what you would can an enabler)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos