Thread: The toy box

The toy box

So I put all of Mochas toys in his toy box at 9:19pm. It's 9:39 pm and all the formerly boxed toys are free. He methodically removes one toy at a time. He chews on one for a minute, then goes back to the box and removes one more, chews on it for a minute, over and over till all his toys are once again free! I wish I could ask him why! Well I do ask, he just won't tell me!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky For This Useful Post:

Gibbysmom (05-08-2015)

LOL! How can we teach them to put their toys back where they got them from?!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twocrazylabs For This Useful Post:

sparky (05-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by twocrazylabs View Post
    LOL! How can we teach them to put their toys back where they got them from?!
    yeah. We're working on that. That doesn't seem to be a fun game!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

I'll let Bruce answer this one.

Hey everyone Bruce here!!!! I don't think it's fun having the toys in the box, besides, if they are in there then Mom and Dad won't be able to step on them and jump around saying bad words!!!! I love watching that!!!!! HAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (05-10-2015), kelsyg (05-08-2015), ronmcq (05-07-2015), sparky (05-07-2015), teej89 (05-08-2015), twocrazylabs (05-07-2015)

Hemi does the same thing, however I have taught him how to put toys away and it's a lot of fun. Many of you have seen where Hemi helps me with laundry, I took a rope toy and tied it through a laundry basket and then I fill it up and he drags the clothes to the laundry. Well i use the same basket and get on the floor with him with a packet full of treats and every one he puts in the basket he gets a treat. Admittedly there are some I have to help, like the 9 ft long snake filled with squeakers, if he get part of it in, I help with the rest. Then he drags the loaded up basket to his toy box and I dump them in. Oh and yes a couple immediately come right back out but it is a pick your battles thing.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

barry581 (05-07-2015), Jollymolly (05-10-2015), kelsyg (05-08-2015), POPTOP (05-07-2015), sparky (05-07-2015)

Archie is the same. If I try to pick up to vacuum, he follows me and immediately removes them one by one.

Actually ended up with two toy bins and they get put up when the grans are here. As soon as they are gone, he's dancing at the bedroom door waiting for his toys to be released.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

11. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

sparky (05-07-2015)

I taught both of mine how to put their toys away and Maxx actually enjoys this game every evening. Emma would much rather take them out and watch Maxx put them away. I swear she was a princess in another life and it just hasn't worn off yet.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

I would love to teach Georgia to put them away. We have a basket full of toys and she gets it in her head that she wan't one particular toy and starts picking through and of course it's always at the bottom so we end up with a room full of toys every night. Glad we aren't the only ones.
    Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos