Thread: Weirdo

Weirdo

You know how most dogs in sit down and scratch themselves? Maverick stands and scratches himself. What weird thing does your dog do?

Hmmm...where to start...

I could list several, but the one thing that strikes me, and others, as odd is that in training class Linus rolls onto the side of his head, imagine a halfway finished somersault with your chin touching your chest, sticks his butt in the air, kicks a back foot, makes weird growling/panting/grunting noises, and wags his tail. Eventually he makes it all the way over and lays there playing with his front paws. When we were in puppy school and waiting for others to do their exercise or if the instructor was helping, I'd play with him on the floor and he'd do this. I guess it stuck!

LOL!

Whenever Sailor gets on gravel-the smaller kind-or really fluffy grass, he lays down and continues to stretch out in his "crawl" position and crawls around like he's massaging his belly.

Finnegan spends ALL day chasing invisible things in the air, and when he's not doing that, his tongue is hanging completely out, like a paperweight to the floor... he runs up and down just licking the floor.

Apparently neither one of them know the difference between an animal/living creature and a lifeless object-- took them out on the boat over the weekend when they continued to bark up a storm... at a buoy marker in the water.

There are several weird things he does. He's always making me laugh. One thing is that he'll chase his tail while laying on his back. So, he lays on his back and bend around chasing his tail. He'll try one side, then another with his feet sticking up in the air. He'll even take his front paw and move his back paw out of the way so he can get the tail! It's so funny. I need to get video.

Quote Originally Posted by CraftHer View Post
    There are several weird things he does. He's always making me laugh. One thing is that he'll chase his tail while laying on his back. So, he lays on his back and bend around chasing his tail. He'll try one side, then another with his feet sticking up in the air. He'll even take his front paw and move his back paw out of the way so he can get the tail! It's so funny. I need to get video.
    Lol, both of mine do that and it never fails to make me laugh!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Reading these is a trip down memory lane for me. My first Lab would chase and catch his tail, and bring it to me.
    Jessie, whom I recently lost, would come over for a butt scratch, and lift her legs up, usually one at a time, in a rapid "dance." Except sometimes, she lost the rhythm and both feet would leave the floor, and she'd end up on her butt.
    My second Lab, who we got when first Lab was 18 mos, became an expert swimming backwards. The bigger, faster swimmer first dog would get the stick, and when #2 caught up, she'd grab it from the front and and swim backwards with it. Or maybe he just pushed her along!
    So many memories of wonderful dogs.
    Hidden Content
    Abby
    ​Decisions, decisions, decisions

Hidden Content

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

Cheryl Zuccaro

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue For This Useful Post:

AlexS (05-07-2015), Meeps83 (05-07-2015)

Sometimes when I busy in the house, going from room to room, Archie will reach out with his paw and tap my ankle from behind. He follows me around everywhere and guess he wants me to slow down.

When the grans are over for dinner, Mardi lays down under the table, he head pointed to the high chair. If something falls and is under the high chair, she will lower her head and use her shoulders to move the chair. Poor gran travels all over. She does not do any direct begging, she's sneaky.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Ha Maverick does the leg lift thing and the back scratch thing and the on-my-back tail chase thing too! They are so much fun!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos