Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Our puppy won't be coming home with us :-(

A sad day tomorrow in our house... it was supposed to be our "gotcha" day for our new little yellow Lab girl. But she has some serious health problems and the breeder is not letting her go. Although I can't say for sure what will happen, I know they will not be adopting her out.

We got the chance to visit a couple of weeks ago and found out which puppy we would be taking home. She was the smallest of the litter and absolutely stole our heart... she was squatting and straining to poop and dribbling pee, however, and the breeder was planning vet visits to find out what was wrong. As it turns out, they think she has a polycystic kidney and their vet has said it's not curable. They would like to find out more and we're working with them and our connections at Cornell to have her seen to see if there is anything we can do, but unfortunately, she won't be coming home with us.

Everyone in the situation is devastated... this is the first time anything like this has happened to the breeder and I have to say, they have been great with information and working through the problem. They have given us first choice of a yellow female in a little due to release in August. So we will wait. But we will also pray for this little girl... she deserves to get better and have a good home.

paula

Oh, no. Very sorry to hear this. I hope she can be helped.

Sorry to hear. That is both sad and disappointing news. But kudos to that breeder. Sounds like you picked a good one.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Labradorks For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (05-10-2015), Charlotte K. (05-10-2015), POPTOP (05-11-2015), windycanyon (05-10-2015)

Sorry to hear that, just one of those random things. Poor puppy, she is beautiful.

That is absolutely heartbreaking for everyone, I am so sorry. I hope the vets are able to help the precious puppy.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

I'm so sorry for you but it's better to know now than later. Keep looking, and be patient. Anne
    Hidden Content
    The WindyCanyon Girls (taken Summer 2018)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH OA OAJ CC (14.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Ruby Pink BN CD RA CC (4.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Kanzi BN CDX RE JH (5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon ItsOnlyMoneyHoneycrisp BN RN CC (16mos)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Pippin BN RI CC (2.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Envy CDX RE JH CC (10.5 yrs)
    IntCH HIT WindyCanyon's Kiku A Fuji Too CDX RE JH CC (10 yrs)

That's such a painful thing to read about. I'm sorry you had this happen and hope something can be done for that precious girl.

'i am so sorry to read this.I Really hope the pup can be helped. Will be keeping you in my thoughts for the next litter.

I know they can steal your heart with just one look. I hope the little pup can be helped. I know it's hard to wait but you want to get a healthy puppy, no matter how your heart goes out to this little one. Sorry this happened.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Good healing thoughts to the precious baby. So sorry things didnt work out. Best wishes on the next litter
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos