Hope everyone's weekend went well. I am feeling bored as I have a few days off from training. With M away the house seems really quiet even though there are still 5 others here. Chant went in today for a minor surgery. She is having an age wart removed. It is about the size of a pencil eraser and on a spot on her back that she wants to roll on and scratch at. Boy the vet's sure know how to charge. She will be off for at least 10 days.

Tomorrow half the crew are coming to do some of the spring cutting to get the property ready for the trials and tests. They provide the labour and I provide the lunch and everyone gets to use the property. I persuaded my husband to cut some trees today so they won't have to do it. We are inundated with jack pine trees. They seem to spring up over night Every spring we cut piles of them. Just keeping up to them is a full time job.

Sunday I started working with a group of new to field work handlers. They have worked with obedience and rally and now would like to try for a WC and Junior hunter. We had done one indoor session just to evaluate whether they would take to birds and to introduce the holding blind and go over some of the expectations of the tests. Sunday was their first day in the field. I was pleasantly surprised. We stretched the marks out to about 75 yds. None of them minded the gun (which was recessed). All but one picked up the birds with no problems so it looks like over the next 8 weeks they might be ready to do a WC. It will be the water work that tells the tale.