What should we get Archie for his second birthday?

May 25th is coming up quickly! My daughter really wants to get Archie this doggy ice cream:
    Amazon.com : Puppy Scoops Ice Cream Mix: Maple Bacon : Pet Supplies

I'd like to get him a new toy as well -- what's your lab's favorite at the moment? (It pretty much has to squeak to be on Archie's favorite list.)

thanks,
    -e

My dogs' favorite toys are those that contain kibble and they have to get them out and I'll list those below. As far as a squeaky toy, I think I'd say the flat ones, no stuffing, that look a little bit like roadkill. We have a fox and a raccoon and our older dog has always loved those, the younger one will dismember them. They have squeakers in the tail and paws. Such as:

Pet Supplies : Pet Squeak Toys : Ethical Pet Plush Skinneeez 24-Inch Dog Toy, Raccoon : Amazon.com

As for kibble dispensing balls, mine have the following ones. The most challenging are probably the first 2. The 4th one, the Booya, also squeaks, but Lark fixed that "problem" pretty quickly:

Pet Supplies : Pet Toy Balls : Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball, Large : Amazon.com

Amazon.com : KONG Wobbler Treat Dispensing Dog Toy, Large : Pet Chew Toys : Pet Supplies

Amazon.com : JW Pet Company Rockin Treat Ball for Dogs : Pet Toy Balls : Pet Supplies

Pet Supplies : Busy Buddy Squeak N Treat Booya Dog Toy Large : Amazon.com

Happy Birthday to Archie!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

kimbersmom (05-15-2015)

https://www.mickeyspetsupplies.com/Pr...ogobunnysm.htm

we have the large one of these and Maverick loves it. There's no stuffing because it's made from a basket type thing to maintain its form. And there's squeaking.

A little brother or sister!!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Dividizzl (05-17-2015), Meeps83 (05-15-2015)

A little brother or sister!!!!!

Ha! We had an inpromptu playdate with a four-month-old Golden from down the street, and Archie was NOT impressed with all the puppy jumping and trying to grab his ears. Thanks for the laugh, though!

I really like the look of Maverick's toy -- Archie doesn't have anything like that. And Smartrock, it's funny, Archie used to have treat-dispensing toys when he was a puppy, but they all sort of disappeared. May be time to try one again. I'll check out your list. (And glad to know that Lark is protecting the world against unwanted squeakies!)

If he likes squeaky, this snake has held up to my boys surprisingly well. Outward Hound Invincibles Blue & Green Snake Dog Toy, 6 squeakers
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

Real Retriever
    Sunshine gets Special Surprise TREATS ALL DAY!!!

I shop the day before and buy all sorts of vegetables that we do not have in the garden, broccoli, strawberries, peas... I'll cut and prepare several little batches of them while I cook dinner. On her birthday morning she has breakfast as usual, then always heads to her water dish (in another room). When she comes back... WOW!!! Special Treats have magically appeared!!! Throughout the day, as I get a chance, I pop some more in her dish when she is away. It gets trick after the first two times as she pretty much camps out right nest to the dish... Just in case.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Woodrow_Woodchuck For This Useful Post:

ArchieSit (05-19-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos