Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bitter sweet:(

bitter sweet:(

Well Capone will be going to his new home this week. Right now its a foster to adopt which is what the rescue I work for does. Basically the dog still belongs to the rescue but we give them a few weeks to a just to their new surroundings to make sure that it's the perfect match and what the adopter is looking for before making it final.

I'm having a real hard time letting him go and already cried today. I love that he will be going to a forever home. He's just very special since he went from this fearful aggression and not trusting anyone to learning not to fear everyone and learning to trust.

If he comes back not sure if I will be able to let him go again lol. I met the people and know that he's in good hands plus I told them I will always be available if any problems arise or questions on training.

This is the hard part about fostering. Lacy and Vito were not this hard when they were placed I just have a connection with Capone.

I can't imagine I would be able to do that. I would be a foster failure.

es bitter sweet. Sending you hugs

Being a foster failure myself, I admire your commitment. It takes a very special person to do what you do.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

The toughest part of fostering. You truly invest yourself and most importantly your love and that's why it's so hard to let go. Hugs.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

You can take some comfort knowing it was you who made it possible for Capone to go to a forever home. That truly is a special thing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (05-23-2015)

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    Thank you for doing what you do...even if it hurts sometimes. Those lil doggies need people like you. *hugs*
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SoapySophie For This Useful Post:

Not sure I could let go either. Very cool that you transformed a dog destined for a short life to a dog ready for a fresh start.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JackK For This Useful Post:

I wanted to adopt all my fosters, Tootsie was my foster failure We had a big beautiful black lab girl that we fostered SO had to hide Evie's adoption forms or I would have signed both our names (legal power)

I cried when each one of mine found their family it is hard but when you see updates of them in their forever loving homes smiling faces and enjoying life it helps.
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

Thanks everyone for the support! He leaves tomorrow Rescuing deff has its pros and cons and is very emotional. your happy when you have them and your doing good for them but then its sad when you have to let them go. I also put human emotions to the dog like tomorrow when I drop him off hes going to think I don't love him and I'm abandoning him. He will prob forget about me as soon as I walk out the door.

He will never forget you. Many years ago, I helped a friend of mine rescue a yellow Lab named Chevy. He would go for walks with me and my dogs, and they were all he best of friends. When my friends left England, they took Chevy with them to their new duty station in California. Unfortunately they could not find a affordable place to live that would allow them to keep Chevy so he went back to Denver to live with my friends parents. He settled in nicely and enjoyed a pretty good life. Almost 6 years go by, and my friend had separated from the Air Force and moved back to Denver. Chevy was about 10 or 11 years old now, and he was enjoying life, so they continued to let him live with my friends parents. My family and I went to visit my friends in Denver, While we were there we stopped by to say hi to his parents. We walk in to the house, said our hellos, and Chevy was lying on the couch. When he heard my voice, he lifted his head and looked at me. I said "Hi Chevy!' to him. After about 10 seconds, his ears perked up, and tail thumped, and I could tell by the look on his face he knew exactly who I was. He slowly climbed off the couch and walked over to me, leaning against my legs just as he would when he'd see me all those years before.

Trust me, he will never forget you and what you did for him. He won't forget.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos