Talking about fosters

I go to a ranch once a week and they rescued a pit bull family. The only one left is the baby who gets along with Molly like crazy. She is around 4 months old and will be coming home with me for the long weekend so she isnt alone. I am a bit nervous that Ill get attached. I have made sure that if I have an issue that I can return her anytime over the weekend as the ranch manager will be on site. Still nervous

Sounds like fun to have a puppy in the house for the weekend! I hope all goes well!
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Georgia For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (05-20-2015)

well it's not that you don't get attached to dogs. you just have to keep the bigger picture in mind, that you help a dog on their way to finding a great family. But if you are super nervous maybe best to pass.

If you take her I would recommend putting all the toys away and avoiding bones if it's just a weekend. Feed in seperate rooms adn remove bowls.

restrain the puppy's movements in the house to avoid accidents and getting into trouble (think 8 week old puppy).

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post:

barry581 (05-20-2015), Jollymolly (05-20-2015), Labradorks (05-20-2015), POPTOP (05-20-2015)

Dur to bad weather I opted out as I don't have the capacity to take care of two hyper pups indoors for the weekend.

I think that's best for you. I've read your other posts, you have a lot going on. It was very nice of you to offer to take puppy for the weekend but probably best for you, long and short term, that it didn't happen. Sorry, I wish everyone could have a puppy to snuggle for the times they need it. It's just all the darn other times that go with puppies.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (05-21-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos