Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best floating toys

Archie has his first dock diving competition, and I want to get him a new toy for it - he goes nuts over new toys and that should help with some of his hesitation.

Any recommendations for the best squeaky toys that float?

Thanks!
    Laura, Archie & Quinn
    Hidden Content

Penny and I use the Kong Wubba, she goes wacky for it. Haven't had an issue with it sinking but it's not a toy she gets to "chew and paly with" at home (well we use a different wubba for that haha).

I used a kong squeaky ball now and then on the dock too.

which competition are you going to? we're prepping for the summer now, classes start in a few weeks and I am working on getting he to love the bumper (for the speed and height competitions)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post:

BaconsMom (05-22-2015)

I second the kong wubba! Good luck with dock diving!!! Bacon will be competing this summer too!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BaconsMom For This Useful Post:

Tanya (05-22-2015)

i can't wait! so far if all goes as planned we have seven weekends in a row on the dock (classes, fun time and competition)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    i can't wait! so far if all goes as planned we have seven weekends in a row on the dock (classes, fun time and competition)
    So jealous!!! Bacon has to juggle Hunt test training, hunt tests, dock diving training, and competitions. So much to do!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaconsMom For This Useful Post:

Tanya (05-22-2015)

haha so many soprts, so little time (and money ahahaha)

For one weekend I had to skip a dock diving splash as I want to try pen in Rally-O (and it's one big even and i'dr ather not pay for both then likely lose one). so saturday morning we'll try Rally-O and then move on to dock diving. We have another spring/summer/fall of agility training before we can think about agility fun runs so we keep that for classes and backyard fun for now

honestly it's in some ways annoying that all the competitions are back to back to back in July (teh local ones). Then in August they are out of town (I don't have a car and by that time will be low on funds to pay for the exra transport costs!) but we may do one in August. A few weekends are not yet posted so we'll see what the end of summer brings.

We're doing the Ultimate Dock Dogs Canada event on May 30th. I'll just be happy if he gets in the pool. He might set the record for shortest jump. I was feeling guilty because Quinn has been going to shows and he's been staying at home, so I signed him up for something for us to do together.

He has a Wubba that he plays with all the time - I might try the toy Jen suggested. I also saw a squeeky rubber stick that floats, which is intriguing.
    Laura, Archie & Quinn
    Hidden Content

I'm not sure if you have to have a certain toy for this or not but I recently discovered that Kong Jumbler Balls float.

Access Denied
    Access Denied

Oliver LOVES these toys.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    We're doing the Ultimate Dock Dogs Canada event on May 30th. I'll just be happy if he gets in the pool. He might set the record for shortest jump. I was feeling guilty because Quinn has been going to shows and he's been staying at home, so I signed him up for something for us to do together.

He has a Wubba that he plays with all the time - I might try the toy Jen suggested. I also saw a squeeky rubber stick that floats, which is intriguing.
    shortest "jump" is falling off the dock
    See if you can try him off the ramp first, so he learns what's down there and how to get it. It helps many dogs.

I got lucky, after making a fool of myself with Rocky (who just stared at me as though I was crazy) Penny has been easy peasy. She sorta kinda maybe "fell" at our first practice and from there we were good to go even indoors. (note - totally illegal to push a dog in and you'll be kicked off the dock )

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos