single for the weekend

My husband went on a hunting trip with a friend of his for the weekend. This is the first time in years that I've been alone by myself for a few days. We don't have any kids so its just the dogs and I. I don't know what to do with myself LOL!!!

Senior Dog
    Go outside with the dogs and play! Then come in, pig out, grab a good book or good movie, and fall asleep. The dogs can do the same!

KAZ

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ZRabbits For This Useful Post:

sheltieluver (05-31-2014)

Senior Dog
    Btw, what's your husband after?

KAZ

Yeah, when my husband is away, I can watch movies or TV shows he won't watch. Go have lunch or something with a girlfriend. "Clean out" his closet for him Oh, but Honey, I didn't think you liked that shirt any more! There's not really anything different I do with the dogs, but they are happy to share my pizza crusts!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

sheltieluver (05-31-2014)

He went for turkey. Its funny because yesterday my mom sent a picture from her cabin up the pocconos of a nice male turkey right outside her steps. I joked and told my husband should have saved himself the 4 hour drive and only did the hour drive up there and he could have got it from her front porch LOL. I plan on catching up on my shows and movies and I'm going to take the dogs to the park later. My neighbor is busy putting up thier fence and they have this huge machine to dig up the trees and roots which my dogs are going nuts with so I've been walking them. Gauge needs alot more exercise then the others so we go to the park where he can swim and burn off some energy. I can't wait until the fence is up so we can have our yard back. Only good news is we didn't end up having to put up a fence and we can save that money for the fence we really wanted instead of a wood fence. We got quoted 5000 for just supplies not including labor but now its not mandatory to get it up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

ZRabbits (05-31-2014)

Great days to just relax and have fun with the dogs. Sometimes I will completely blow off any house work and just enjoy life.

I took advantage and cleaned the house top to bottom I can get more done without him here. Went grocery shopping only part that stunk was he wasn't here to help unload and put away. Went for a nice long walk with the dogs. Now I'm beat. Tomorrow I plan on doing nothing maybe take Gauge swimming.

Senior Dog
    So did you have a lovely weekend on your own? And did your husband get lucky and bag himself a good size tom?

KAZ

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos