Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WI Breeders

WI Breeders

Was hoping to get some insight on breeders in the WI area (via PM). We thought we had done all our research with our first lab but we were SO wrong. I want to make sure we do it the right way this time if we choose to go the breeder route.

Thanks in advance!

Jamie

This club is new but you should still be able to get in touch with someone who can point you are reputable breeders. BADGER LABRADOR RETRIEVER CLUB - Home
    I don't know of any WI breeders off the top of my head, so you might need to consider traveling to the neighboring states. There are a ton of great breeders in Michigan. Huron River Labrador Retriever Club

Thank you, Jen! I will look into those clubs. I was looking at the Winnebago LC awhile ago and many of the breeders listed had websites that had not been updated for a couple years. Should I steer clear of those breeders or is it not uncommon for breeders to not keep up to date with websites?

Quote Originally Posted by jjswengb View Post
    Was hoping to get some insight on breeders in the WI area (via PM). We thought we had done all our research with our first lab but we were SO wrong. I want to make sure we do it the right way this time if we choose to go the breeder route. Thanks in advance! Jamie
    Good luck Jamie!!!
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

Thank you, Jen! I will look into those clubs. I was looking at the Winnebago LC awhile ago and many of the breeders listed had websites that had not been updated for a couple years. Should I steer clear of those breeders or is it not uncommon for breeders to not keep up to date with websites?
    Winnebago is a good club. As always, you need to do your research on an individual breeder. I do know one breeder in that club who, in 2011, had the #1 lab who is a grand champion and has gotten his junior hunter title, working on his senior title. He is co-owned and one of the co-owners has not updated her basic web site in years. In her case, she spends more time with her dogs than on web updating.

Each breeder is different and you need to get to know them. If at all possible, go to as many shows as you can sponsored by the different clubs. Chat when the breeders when they are not busy showing. I've managed to make some fantastic friends that way.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

There are also numerous in the northern Illinois area. Also, Winnebago LRC is hosting a big lab specialty at Telfer Park in Beloit on Saturday, June 13. Agility, obedience, and conformation. There will be numerous breeders from states all over the U.S. As well as from the area.

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

Sent you a PM
    Hidden Content
    ~Cara Deo Labradors~

My own experience is that sometimes folks are very good at their dogs and poor at their websites. And the reverse can be true. A website that's really badly out of date might indicate the person is not breeding any more and a fancy flashy website might be a flash in the pan. I'd use websites as a tool but not the defining one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (05-31-2015)

Abby came from WI. If you send me a PM, I will tell you about my experience with her breeder. She is a great dog to live with. Just got her CD last week. Loves everyone except the UPS man & we couldn't love her more.
    Hidden Content Our hearts are owned by Abby

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos