Yankee Waterfowlers Mentoring Youth Part II

Continued pictorial perspective on YWHRC ANNUAL KID'S DAY.

Jack prepares to work this beautiful Chesapeake Bay Retriever as his mentor, YWHRC member looks on and event judge Franey signals the bird station to throw a mark.

Event judge Franey and Irishwhistler standy by as TRAD returns with a bumper to his youth handler Brendan.

Irishwhistler provides some coaching to youth handler Brendan as TRAD presents a bumper into the young Lad's hand. It was later determined that Brendan is a student of the bagpipes which instantly endeared the Lad to Irishwhistler, a fan and TRADitional Irish musician.

Max participates in the "bumper toss" contest as YWHRC President Jo Ann Reynolds looks on. Me thinks this was an effort by President Reynolds to recruit "bird boys". LOL.

Brendan works to steady this enthusiastic 6 month old Chesapeake pup "LIZ" as she watches a mark hit the water.

This pictorial perspective of the Yankee Waterfowlers Hunting Retriever Club Annual Kid's Day event is continued in PART III.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

Dallas dawg (06-07-2015), Indigo (06-08-2015), Maxx&Emma (06-07-2015), MikeLynn (06-08-2015), Scoutpout (06-07-2015)

that last photo with the boy and young chocolate is outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoutpout View Post
    that last photo with the boy and young chocolate is outstanding!
    Scoutpout,
    Thanks on the compliment regarding the photo. The pup is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, not a chocolate Labrador.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Gee, do you think I could sneak in as a kid? LOL! Would love the experience.

Awesome pictures.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Senior Dog
    How cool

I get the same thing when I have Maddie (my Chessie) out and about. Most people think she a chocolate but notice there's something different about her coat.
    Irishwhistler - you have a nice set of Chessies there in you group. Do you notice a difference in intensity level between the Lab vs. the Chessie?
    Training our Chessie was very different than our Lab as in the beginning I thought she was the spawn of Beelzebub sent here to try my faith but we finally clicked. She's a tough girl with a soft heart.

At the Bridge
    Pinks - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 12/30/10 - 5/12/23
    Maddie - Chessie - 3/6/10 - 6/25/22
    Purps (Pinks sister) - Black Lab/mix -(Back with us 1/1/18) 12/30/10 - 4/7/21
    Gracie - Yellow Lab - 10/23/05 - 9/6/18
    Nozomi (Zoe) - BC/Lab - Got ya 9/5/09 - 3/19/15
    Abbey - Yellow Lab - Got ya - 5/8/09 - 4/22/11
    Cheanna - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 5/99 - 9/21/10
    Buddy (Bubba) - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 11/2/02 - 3/28/10
    Amber - Yellow Lab/Dobi - Got ya 8/1989 - 5/15/01

Quote Originally Posted by katALlabs View Post
    I get the same thing when I have Maddie (my Chessie) out and about. Most people think she a chocolate but notice there's something different about her coat.
    Irishwhistler - you have a nice set of Chessies there in you group. Do you notice a difference in intensity level between the Lab vs. the Chessie?
    Training our Chessie was very different than our Lab as in the beginning I thought she was the spawn of Beelzebub sent here to try my faith but we finally clicked. She's a tough girl with a soft heart.

KatALlabs,
    I do not really like to generalize about breeds as it seems unfair to cast me opinion on a whole breed based on a small sampling of dogs. That said, in me own limited experience with CBR's, I have been told by those who work constantly with the breed that they tend to mature more slowly and the approach to training must be adjusted accordingly. On the whole, I think the CBR's intensity level may be processed by each dog on the same level as a Lab psychologically, but the CBR's just seem to work at a slower rate of speed (more dense muscle matter to move might be the reason). It seems to me that once they have picked up a bird, they tend to return to the handler at a slower pace than most Labs do.

I suppose what I am trying to say is I do not feel the CBR's are less intense or driven, they just tend to work at a slower more methodical pace than do most Labs. Again, just me own personal observations.

Slainte,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

katALlabs (06-08-2015)

Very nice photo series and a great way to get kids involved in a sport other than video games That last photo of the boy with the Chesapeake is a prize winner. You can see them both focused on the target! I'm sure his folks would love to have that printed !

Nice job Mike and you too Trad !

Quote Originally Posted by JackK View Post
    Very nice photo series and a great way to get kids involved in a sport other than video games That last photo of the boy with the Chesapeake is a prize winner. You can see them both focused on the target! I'm sure his folks would love to have that printed !

Nice job Mike and you too Trad !
    Jack,
    Thanks for ye comments. I did send photos off to the kids parents so they can print out any they wish to keep.

Cheers,
    Mike & TRAD
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Best Friend Retriever Gibbysmom's Avatar
    Great pics thanks for sharing. What a great experience for the youths involved.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos