Chattering teeth

My 13 year old Hudson's teeth chatter for no reason, several times a day. This started a few months ago but seems to be getting more frequent. It doesn't seem to bother him too much, but it can't be comfortable
    I asked my vet about it at his last check-up last month and she was not concerned. Said maybe nerve issues in old age. He does have a bad back and I give him Tramadol ( 1/2 morning and night). It doesn't seem to be that connected to his back leg pain.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Lab?

Mardi will do this when she is excited to get a treat but that's the only time.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

My Emma also does it when excited.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Senior Dog
    Ditto the other two...my Honey did that her entire life for excitement. She also had a front leg that seemed more prone than most dogs' to chatter a bit when she stood a certain way. Neither of those ever seemed to mean anything.

Something that starts out of nowhere, especially at an advanced age, always seems a bit suspicious, though.

My Maddie did this as she got older, as well. DH always thought she was cold and put a blanket on her. It wasn't just when she was excited; she could just be laying there. The vets (both our regular and holistic) had no real explanation for it. It was just something she did in her senior years. It probably started around the same time, 13 years or so. She would calm down and go to sleep and it would stop. I never did figure out what triggered it.

paula

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos