Thread: Bear watch.

Bear watch.

They seem to be taking over our town. As far as I can figure, there are 4 of them, unless the big male we saw and the one my daughter saw on her side of town is different. We have a mother and two small cubs and my daughter had some at her house, not sure if they are the same ones. They've been around for years, but we hardly ever saw them, only early in the morning and later at night. But now they are out and about at any time of day. On Friday I had one on my front yard at two in the afternoon, luckily he left before my granddaughter got home from the bus stop at 2:30. He or she was a young bear about a year or so old. Earlier the same day, the mother and cubs happened on our neighbor across the street. He was working in his back yard, when all of a sudden a bear cub ran inbetween his legs. Startled he turned around and there was another cub, then he saw the mother on the other side of the fence watching. Then about 3:00, the bear that was in my front yard, ended up at my daughter's house up the street. My grandson, his friends and his dog were in their back yard, so Barney called him to tell him for them all to go in the house. Then the bear walked up their sidewalk by the house, looked in their living room window and slowly went up the hill and back into the woods. I didn't mind them being around before because we hardly ever saw them, now that they are getting so comfortable that they wander around the houses all the time I'm a little nervous. I don't want one of the grandchildren to come across them.

That would be very scary!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Definitely scary! Especially a Mom and cubs.

You and the family be very careful.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Our neighbor across the street took this picture of our yard Friday afternoon.

Best Friend Retriever
    Yikes--that is a little too close for comfort.....

Senior Dog
    Cool animals but I don't want to be seeing them that close...and not knowing when they might be just around the corner.

Good thoughts headed your way for everyone's safety.

We've had a couple of bear sightings around here too, which is very unusual. Wonder what is up with them.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos