Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Busy Day For Archie

Headed out with Archie as early as the bank was open then to the vet to pick up his water supplement. Then on to a pet expo at the navy base. Love my vet but when we can get his rabies 3 year vac for $10, I'm all for it. It's first come, first served and there were a lot of dogs and cats. He was the perfect gentleman, greeting appropriately, letting kids pet him and giving kisses. They do a mini physical, temp, heart check, mouth and ear checks. Navy vet was interested in the fact that he had a reaction to HeartGard. They were also offering distemper, lepto and a few more vacs but I declined. Don't like giving multiple vacs at a time. Vet whole heartedly agreed. Wow, that blew me away. Oh, he also got his heartworm test and it was negative.

They had heartworm meds but not Sentinel, which is the one he tolerates. They do have Cosequin DS much less expensive than anywhere else.

Purina reps were there giving out gifts and taking pictures. He also had his portrait done. There was a service dog, one that helps veterans by visiting hospitals, vet centers. His owner was telling me that he would not even go out of the house and had all kinds of problems until he got the dog. He has written a book, along with other authors; a collection of stories. He autographed the book to Archie, LOL.

It took about 1 1/2 hours, mostly waiting but with all the dogs and owners, the time seemed to go fast. As we were going back to the car along came a big noisy motorcycle. Asked Archie to heel and he hardly took notice. They parked close to where I was and I asked if Archie would investigate it since he has not, as far as I know, been around a motorcycle. Well, that turned out to be a nonevent! Archie could have cared less, was more interested in the owner and getting pets. Check that one off the socialization list.

Warm day so when we got home we both took a rest after giving Mardi her mini walk. They napped, I put my feet up. OK, OK, I napped too!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

3muttsketeers (05-31-2014), Bamps (05-31-2014), bearbuddymarie (06-02-2014), MikeLynn (06-01-2014), Snowshoe (06-01-2014), WhoopsaDaisy (05-31-2014), ZRabbits (06-01-2014)

Sounds like Archie had quite the day!!

Sounds like you've been doing a great job with Archie!! I need to look into a pet expo like that for the next time Daisy gets vaccinated!!
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

That's awesome. I got to get Opie back in for his scheduled maintenance.

A great day. Ava had a negative experience with a motorcycle. I didn't see them getting ready to leave and they started it up just as I was going to put her in the car a couple of parking spaces over. She jumped out of her skin and wanted to take off. Glad I had a good grip on hr leash.
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

That was a full day! Glad things went so well!

Archie has all the fun. Charlie would be a good boy at something like that without Niner and Niner would be a good boy without Charlie, but the two of them together I think not. Glad Archie was so good.

Nancy

What a great day!

Sounds like you had a full, busy day: getting your rabies vac and saving money at the same time - pretty rare these days , meeting a lot of interesting folks and hearing their stories, Archie got an autographed book and then you had enough time to grab a few zees. We sure would mind spending a day that way.
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Sounds like a proud dog mom day too with Archie being so well behaved!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kain's Mommy For This Useful Post:

ZRabbits (06-01-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos