It's Not As Easy As That

Just replaced the carpet in the living room. Because of the dogs, we buy bound remnants from a store named Hobo. For $125 we can get a nice carpet that will easily last a year.

DH cut up and rolled up the old and was ready to put down the new. Hold on buddy! I want to wash the floor, the walls behind the couches, etc. DH just shakes his head. Hey, this is the only time I get to do that.

It looks so nice and clean now. No spots that no matter what I did would not come out. Sitting back and enjoying it because more rain coming in and I totally expect it is not going to stay this pristine for very long.

Now to get some new drapes. Don't like the word hate but I absolutely hate what we have now.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

barry581 (06-17-2015), Jollymolly (06-17-2015)

How nice! Enjoy it!! After we relandscaped, we had the carpet cleaned in the house. Oh it was so nice! Plus everything was moved out of the 'dog room' so I was able to clean. Feels so good to have fresh clean carpet!

I am with you on the drapes. I picked ours out in the store and thought they would be totally different. My husband likes them so they stayed but I do not like them at all. I compromise by leaving them open so I see 'less' of them. :*)
    Charlie and Burton

4. The Following User Says Thank You to charliebbarkin For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (06-17-2015)

Everything fresh and new will be uplifting. Of course you have to clean first. Once a year is not too much. Assumed your cleaning schedule is like mine for those big, heavy and/or awkward things, only clean under them when you have to move them. Which for the piano is not since we got it over 30 years ago.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (06-18-2015)

I know that fresh carpet feeling. I buy the cheap wal mart area rugs.. 5x7 for our couch area. Now that Sophie has been butt scooting.. I am taking them and tossing... that is why I only pay 18 dollars per rug. That is why I only go to BIG LOTS for couches... so I never spend more than 350 for a couch. I have three maine coons who do have a scratching post but once in a great while they will try the couch. Since our newest one.. it has been rare and we usually catch them and stop it.

Sophie's mom

House Broken
    Nice!!
    My first lab, Lily 2004-2013 (Love you Lily Bean, we miss you every day!)
    Our video tribute (on her 9th birthday, we lost her a month later): Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos