Dogs and Drive-ins

We took Bubba to his first drive in last night and it was a blast! We were a little worried since we knew there were going to be a lot of people there and he tends to get a little over stimulated and over excited.

We thought that we were done for when a car with three dogs pulled up next to us, but it wasn't an issue at all! He chewed on a bone for the first 30 minutes and then slept for the rest of the time.

An awesome experience that made me think about how good life will be when he's older and well-trained and just lies by our feet. The movie wasn't bad either!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zd262 For This Useful Post:

kelsyg (06-25-2015), Meeps83 (06-24-2015)

Nice, I have wanted to take Hemi to a drive in but they are just so hard to find anymore. I don't know of any around me within a half hour driving. The are definitely a dying entertainment venue that I have always loved. I remember way back a long time time ago seeing Terminator at the drive in sitting on the hood of my car with some friends and Heat lighting and storms off in the distance behind the screen definitely added to the atmosphere of the movie that you get in no theater.

Think the last drive in movie I saw was the Exorcist. Darn heavy fog rolled in and almost could not see the screen.

Just saw that the one near where I lived when in high school has been torn down. The one just north of us has closed down. Fond memories.

Glad to hear Bubba liked his first "fresh air" movie experience.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Lucky! I wish we had a drive in near us. As a girl, I have fond memories of my mom making a big batch of popcorn and putting it in a paper grocery sack to take with us. In later years, I remember hiding in the trunk with friends and sneaking in. That seems safe.

We have two near us, they've raised money to go digital which is the reason so many of them are no longer. Hadn't thought about bringing the hooligans, great idea!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doreen Davis For This Useful Post:

Meeps83 (06-24-2015)

For $7 each, and reclining in the back of our car with pillows and blankets I would say it was a way better deal than going to the movies! Plus Bubba got a lot of great puppy love from the people around us.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos