Worse than I thought

I'm watching 8 dogs at my house well 7 now because Vito left this morning. Everything was going great, dogs were getting along nicely Vito when he got over bearing I would put in a time out to chill a while. I think he has some herding dog maybe Australian cattle dog in him because when he plays he likes to grab and bite the other dogs in the back end or at their legs. Then enters my friends lab puppy and chaos breaks out. She forgot all the commands I taught her she doesn't even sit when asked and she just runs around grabbing things off of every counter or table. She agitates the dogs an doesn't take correction at all it actually makes her more crazy and she tears around the house and goes back. I had to crate her because she got nailed by Flash my sheltie because she just kept pestering him. I had her out to run for 2 hours yesterday when she got here and it didn't even slow her down much. Shes anxious and has anxiety. Of course today its pouring out I had them out for about an hour to run early this morning before the rain started.

I have a lot of tolerance but its running really thin. I've been working 9 days straight plus had 4 petsittings and taking care of 8 dogs at my house. I know its not her fault I'm trying to work with her though it makes me mad that they let her get this bad. They are going away in October and I'm sure they are going to ask me to watch her and I'm not so sure I want to if shes not trained.

That is hard. How old is she? And the more upset you get, the more "presents" she grabs to bring you or get chased, right?

Hang in there! Maybe don't take on so much, next time.

Shes 7 months. I can say she will give up what she grabs which is good but shes all over the place no sooner do I get one thing off of her shes into something else. I wonder if she does it at home as an attention getter. I never yell but I'm sure she knows Im annoyed. I wouldn't have taken her if I knew she was this out of control. I just feel bad for her because she really needs an out let for her energy. my friend has no yard here she has a half acre to run on.

Woohoo it's not raining so outside for a nice long run today to drain some of this energy!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (06-28-2015)

Ha ha! I guess I shouldn't bring Lark over then! She knows commands and will do them at home but with 7 other dogs around to entice her? Her head would explode! Maybe your friend's dog doesn't spend much time in larger groups of dogs and the novelty is still too exciting to her. That would be Lark's issue, my 2 year old little crazy girl. I hope some running around time will help focus her energy some.

I'm sure that doesn't help lol!!! She never goes anywhere so she's also fearful. She was out 2 hours this morning running with everyone and I'll take them out later when not so hot for another 2.

She just makes my anxiety level go up bc she's so anxious even after being out for 2 hours. My guys come in and crash. I'm guessing like she's like wohoo this is so fun I have dogs to play with and I get to run and play.

Senior Dog
    How long has she been at your house? It always took our friends' lab 3 or so days to get with our routine. Of course, a 7 month old lab is crazy ven on good days, so it's quite a battle. Good luck!
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kimbersmom For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (06-28-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos