Thread: Ouch!

Ouch!

Was working in the back yard trimming some weeds entwined in the fence. Archie, of course, was out protecting me by chasing birds. He came over for some loving and decided it was time to butt tuck. As he twirled around, his muzzle hit my face, lower lip, and one of my lower teeth went though my lip. OUCH!

This morning it looks like I'm a battered woman, large bruise and cut.

Think if I tell people "the dog did it" they would believe me?
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

I wonder how many people are going to be giving your DH dirty looks? If you say it was Archie I just bet some people will thing that's DH. You didn't need stitches? I bet it hurts when you eat.

Don't tell anyone the dog did it. Well, not if you're going to hospital. I know one gal who was bitten by her own dog while they were playing and she did need the hospital. Fortunately for her dog she planned ahead and said the wound was from something else, I forget what. Here dog bites are required to be automatically reported to Health of Animals and her dog would most likely have to be quarantined.

Actually, I think reports are made if spousal or child abuse is suspected too. My boss was reported for suspected abuse after freaky injuries all in a row to his wife and two little girls.

Senior Dog
    Danny split my nose open when he was 9 weeks old...we were playing bitey face (I know, I know...) and his tooth just snagged my nose as we were parting faces.

I was afraid to go to a local clinic because I didn't want to have to get into a 9 week old/no rabies shot/unintentional scenario that would probably leave Dan with a record. I got some antibiotics and mercifully kept it together well enough for it to heal without incident. (total split of flesh between nasal openings)

I would have kiddingly named Bob as the culprit but I didn't want anyone to think I'd take that from a man. Much better to admit to puppy bitey face.

Hope you heal up fast!

I went to our first obedience class with Chase with a black eye, compliments of Mr. Chase.

I had an injury similar to yours after a purse snatch when the guy punched me in the mouth. Silly me, I didn't want to let go. I can see why people would think you'd been on the receiving end of someone's fist, not Archie's sweet kisser! I hope it heals up quickly!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Oh no!!! Something similar happened to my MIL last week. She has light colored floors and the labs blend right in. She didn't see Beau, tripped right over him, and landed smack on her face. Her top lip got the brunt of it and was puffed up and swollen for a few days. Her hairdresser thought she got bad lip injections!!! LOL!

Keep some ice on it and it should be healed up in no time.

It's quite tender, a little swollen and black and blue. Certain foods, salty, make it sting like heck. It's not a big cut and clean. The mouth heals so fast that I opted not to go to the doc. Oh, forgot and used mouth wash this morning, not a pleasant experience. Guess it could have been worse. With the force he hit me had it been my nose, I'd have ended up in the ER for sure.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Argh. That sounds painful!

My most recent dog related injury was a swipe of a claw across the skin on my sternum. It was no big deal. But a couple days later, I noticed puss-blisters forming. So, I put a dressing on it. Then the dressing pulled more skin off. (And I'm an RN! You'd think I could put on a decent dressing!)

So I had to go to the pharmacy and buy some really pricey dressing material and prescription topical ointment. (As a health care person, I have found out that my skin is cultured with MRSA. Gross. So any injury and I could get a resistant cellulitis.) And all of that from a casual, accidental swipe of my dog's foot.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos