Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Agility Equipment

Where is a good place to buy quality and affordable agility equipment? I figure I'll set up a course in my yard when the weather is nice and in my basement when it isn't. I'm looking for regulation size, but maybe not regulation quality for this. We've done agility training, but I'm looking to be able to do training at home as well. Thanks!

House Broken
    Affordableagility.com

You can make jumps yourself out of pvc pipe and connectors found at any hardware store. I also built my own tire and weave pole base out of pvc. Works great for the backyard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to indybindy For This Useful Post:

kimbersmom (06-29-2015)

House Broken
    Oh and NTI Global for tunnels

Thank you!

Also, is there a site that lists requirements for weave pole distance, jump heights...etc?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fidgetyknees For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (06-29-2015), Meeps83 (06-29-2015)

We made several of our own pieces out of PVC. There are multiple sites on line.

Also, Toys R Us has a pet section and I bought some pieces there, some on line. Things like tunnels are difficult to make, easier to buy.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

My dad and I made PVC jumps. I might make a table out of PVC, we shall see (right now I use the hose holder haha).

One other option is to look at if there are "used dog stuff" groups on facebook for your area. some people have gotten great deals on used stuff from people moving/upgrading. I woudl be all set-up if I had a bigger yard and a car to go pick up haha. As it is I go back and forth on a tunnel as my yard is pretty small (and the jumps I made are BIG!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post:

Meeps83 (06-29-2015)

I'll have to look for deals on Craigslist.

Sorry, not to sound condescending or anything but are you getting instruction from an agility trainer? You can do injury to your dog if you don't set things up right, train correctly, advance correctly. I wonder because I'd have expected your trainer to be able to answer these questions, but maybe you are just looking for other sources as well?

I was and we've gone thru classes. They changed the day and time of class and I can no longer attend. We found out the week before last. Until I can find another training facility no farther away than the last one, I'd like to work with Maverick at home so that he doesn't grow complacent. There are only 2 training facilities within 30 minutes with only one of those offering agility. However due to my hours at work and inflexible schedule, I've been driving almost 50 minutes twice a week for the past year. I am looking for other facilities, but am having a really difficult time finding a class that works with my schedule, hence wanting to do some work at home.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Meeps83 For This Useful Post:

Snowshoe (06-30-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos