Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Dog

Plans for US 4th of July?

I know the Canadians had their day- the USA's is tomorrow! What are your plans for Independence Day? We were supposed to go to a bbq but there was a death in the host's family, so that was understandably canceled. We were planning to check out one of the local fireworks displays but the weather is iffy. It's currently pouring rain and it's supposed to be rainy with thunderstorms right through the weekend! So now the plan is get snack foods and do as much reading and movie watching as Kimber will let us get away with. To tell you the truth, our Plan "C" is kind of my favorite one.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

DH is smoking up brisket and pork for the weekend bbq feast. There is a fun, old fashioned neighborhood parade in the morning that Macy will participate in. We are headed to the pool in the afternoon for shenigangans and cocktails. In the evening, the hillbillies down the street fire up the fireworks which DS and DH will go to while Macy and I stay in and enjoy junk tv together.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Macy For This Useful Post:

kimbersmom (07-03-2015)

Making sure my dog doesn't chew out the staples from his incision site(s).

We are on our way the Charlottesville, VA to visit our son. He goes to the University of Virginia and is working there this summer. There's an awesome dog park on a lake we plan on spending most of Saturday at. We brought steaks for the BBQ and will try to see fireworks if the rain holds off. Can't wait to get there!
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

With DH having to work, it will be me and the furkids enjoying a quiet evening, I hope. The neighbors behind us have a bad history with fireworks shooting off and landing in our yard. Those type are illegal in our town. We'll see how it goes. Luckily, the furkids don't have a problem with the fireworks.

An early evening long walk sounds fun.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

We are at the beach with our pups, one of our kids and spouse and a new grandbaby! We took the dogs on the beach this morning to wear them out, saw my sister and her family, spent a little time at the beach, spent more time trying to wrangle the high SPF "Sportbrella" back into its sleeve than the baby spent under it, and now we'll go out to dinner. The town where we are doesn't allow fireworks, no fireworks displays close, but if you look up and down the beach in either direction, you can usually see some in adjacent towns. My dogs won't give a rip about the fireworks, my granddoggy will be quaking in a closet if she can find one to hide in. Nothing too patriotic for us this year.

At the beach with the pups and 2 of the human kids and their significant others. Very much missing my youngest who began his medical resident training this week but SO very proud of him!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Have a safe and enjoyable birthday everyone.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

We're going out on the lake with friends. I'm pretty excited to have a day off, it's my first day off studying since May!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppersDad For This Useful Post:

kimbersmom (07-04-2015), Maxx&Emma (07-04-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos