Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Obviously, this is a vent.

In this day and age, do people really think that they can say they've called multiple times, left multiple phone messages, written multiple e-mails, etc when they haven't? Then I finally get a voicemail or e-mail and they're ranting about how I haven't responded for over a week or whatever. Am I supposed to take them seriously? My landlines store the last 50 calls on caller ID, who knows how many voicemails and my e-mail can take a few thousand without slowing down. What makes people think they can just call and rant because they're the one that fell down on the communication?

I just pointed out the evidence to someone (caller IDs and times) without actual voicemails only to answer a question that I had addressed in my recorded message and he just ignored me as if saying that he had left voicemails meant that he actually had. Then of course he waited until after business hours to actually leave a voicemail. Naturally, I responded immediately. None of that trying to make people feel bad works anymore. Sorry.

Senior Dog
    Oh, yeah.

And the emails that start out, "did you see my last email?" because they're late getting back on something and hadn't remembered to contact on time.

I especially love the "this is your last catalog because we haven't heard from you for a long time" from companies I've never bought from.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

janedoe (07-08-2015)

Weird things can happen though. My sister was wondering why I had not responded to a couple of emails she sent me. She is using a new email herself but I knew that and was checking my Junk folder. I think she did not put my email into her own new one correctly but she's not getting non-deliverable messages so she thinks they are going through. We both wonder where the heck they are going.

We've had Doctor appt.s go to the wrong person and in one case the wrong person actually accepted the appt. meant for Sis. When Sis called the Doctor to see when her appt. was ever going to be he was mystified. He'd already spoken on phone to the wrong person who accepted, and had the same first name. The OH got a phone message with the details of his appt with a Doctor we've never heard of. We called and cancelled it but imagine if we had simply ignored it and just not shown up?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

janedoe (07-08-2015), JC001 (07-08-2015)

I get phone calls meant for a doctors office on my cell phone frequently. My greeting is just a generic "hi this is Shanna please leave a message and I'll return your call" type thing. There is nothing professional or doctor-y about it yet still.......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Meeps83 For This Useful Post:

janedoe (07-08-2015)

I agree that there are those who fall back on exaggeration or hyperbole to try to strengthen their argument without apparent concern for the absolute factual nature of their claims. I've witnessed it and I've called people on it. It feels like the other person is trying to bully you (or someone) into doing something. For a larger business, who has time or resources to go back and look through their caller ID, if it even goes back far enough? For a smaller business like yours, where you can easily go back and check your files, it must be very hard to listen to their claims. Do some emails or phone messages get "lost"? Yeah, probably, but not every single message or email they've claimed to have sent.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

janedoe (07-08-2015)

just had one of those annoying type calls - answer the phone, its not a super clear line, and a fellow asking to speak with the owner of the business. That immediately gets me ready for telemarketing type calls. I have a standard "routine" i follow, so the next words out of my mouth are simply a pleasant "what is this regarding?" and I get the guy snarkily telling me something, but i couldn't understand what he said and its also clear that this isn't a telemarketing call, so i said "I'm sorry, i couldnt understand you, what is the call about?" so he says "its about a boy and its complicated" and i said "alright, so how can i help you?" he growls and said "is this the owner or not", and I just said "what is it that you'd like our help with?" at which point he says "well if you're going to *#*# be like that then go *#*# yourself" and hung up. The whole conversation on his side was snarly and mumbled. Even if he'd launched into some sad tale it was already fairly likely that we wouldnt have wanted to do business with this person. I really have no idea what people think when they call a business and start off the whole conversation like they already have made up their mind that you and your business are either jerks or out to rip them off. If thats how they feel, why bother calling and dealing with a company that you feel that way about?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoutpout For This Useful Post:

janedoe (07-08-2015)

I finally realized that he was playing to someone in his office. He was a little too loud and ignored everything I said. I shouldn't respond to hyper-dramatic people. Just a bad day I guess.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos