Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bathroom Reno

Bathroom Reno

So the tile we had on back order finally came in. My tile guy finished up today. I still have to paint and set the vanity this weekend. The granite vanity top will be installed this Tuesday. I swear it feels like it will never be done.

Decorative tile

Shower Base. This is the tile that was back ordered. The shower threshold is the same granite that we are using on the vanity.

Looking in

Slow, fast, and who needs a man.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

ChoppersDad (07-10-2015), kelsyg (07-16-2015), POPTOP (07-10-2015), Scoutpout (07-15-2015)

Senior Dog
    DAMN! You have one he//va tile guy. Love his lines. Nice looking tile too

That is gorgeous! I would be willing to give up a bathroom for a while for that.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Barry,

Wow! Spare no expense. I'm quite impressed. I design both residential and commercial buildings and I know when I see quality! That tub is going to be nice when the bubbles start...

Beautiful tile!
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

Quote Originally Posted by ChoppersDad View Post
    Barry,

Wow! Spare no expense. I'm quite impressed. I design both residential and commercial buildings and I know when I see quality! That tub is going to be nice when the bubbles start...
    I had a budget number when I started this project, and blew right through it. In the end I figure I was only going to do it once, so I did it exactly how I wanted it. My tile guy and I spent about 2 hours going over options, drawing patterns on the wall, bouncing different ideas. The only thing we couldn't do was wrap the decorative mosaic around the wall, the small tiles were almost impossible to cut clean enough to make the 90 degree turn.

Right now I'm 30% over budget, and I still have to get mirrors and a shower door. In end it's going to be almost as much as what I spent to redo the kitchen last fall. It would have been worse had my son the plumber had not been able to get the tub and fixtures at pretty much cost from one of his suppliers, plus his labor is free!!!!

Love it!! Looks amazing and worth the every penny!!!

Really lovely! I love the tiles on the shower floor- definitely worth the wait!
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by barry581 View Post
    I had a budget number when I started this project, and blew right through it. In the end I figure I was only going to do it once, so I did it exactly how I wanted it. My tile guy and I spent about 2 hours going over options, drawing patterns on the wall, bouncing different ideas. The only thing we couldn't do was wrap the decorative mosaic around the wall, the small tiles were almost impossible to cut clean enough to make the 90 degree turn.

Right now I'm 30% over budget, and I still have to get mirrors and a shower door. In end it's going to be almost as much as what I spent to redo the kitchen last fall. It would have been worse had my son the plumber had not been able to get the tub and fixtures at pretty much cost from one of his suppliers, plus his labor is free!!!!
    This happens in the real world also, but with much larger magnitude. I had a value engineering session on a project I am managing yesterday. Budget: $49 million Bids: $69 million. Back to the drawing board... If you have time to do it twice, you have the time to do it right the first time. You are doing it right the first time. Plan, measure twice, cut once. Nice job! Another one of my favorite sayings "Buy once, cry once". Get the good stuff...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppersDad For This Useful Post:

barry581 (07-10-2015)

wow your bathroom is gorgeous!
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos