Keep it clean please!

Nikki's mild incontinence has gone from leaking while she's asleep to a certain amount while she's awake. We have oak floors and Nature's Miracle for hardwood so we have a cleanup routine for the piddles.

A little while ago I posted about her pushing me aside to get into the tub as I was getting ready to take a shower. This obsession with cleanliness went one step further today.

I was still asleep and my husband was working in his office. According to him, Nikki came in and whine/barked at him which usually indicates that something urgent has occurred like she needs to go out immediately. He got up and followed her but instead of going to the door, she went to the living room, put her nose near a fresh puddle on the floor, barked at the puddle then looked at my husband. When he came back with the paper towels, she kind of snuffled then went to lie down in her crate.

My husband was stunned. I like it though. This way I don't have to keep an eye out all of the time. She can just tell me.

They are so smart sometimes!

I'll let Bruce out in the yard in the morning, and I'll come out a few minutes later with Sophie. When I get outside, I'll ask Bruce "did you poo yet"? If he has, he'll run right to the spot and show me, so I can clean it up. It really cracks me up.

Nikki is such a good little girl to help clean up accidents. Bruce is funny leading you to his poo.

Ginger is a walker so you have to first find the little poo then circle around to find the line, thankfully Sarah just goes in one spot.
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

What a smart girl!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos