Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First DockDogs Competition of the Year

It was a small event so lots of time on the dock. Penny did great, she jumped steady in the 18' (one jump came in at 17'3; her best jump was a19'3). Because there were not many people and the big jumpers were all hitting at least one jump in the category above ours, Penny came in first in all her heats and first in the finals in her "bracket" (15-19'11). We must have done 7 waves.

She did her first try at the speed retrieve (race to the end of the dock for the bumper). I am happy she DID it but there wasn't much speed there yet she isn't 100% sure what to do from beginning to end but she eventually gets to and grabs the bumper.

We are getting pumped for the MUCH bigger competition this weekend, should be an intense crazy few days. It's a huge dog sport festival with dock diving, agility, herding, rally-o, obedience, barn hunt, and I am probably missing a few things We are opting to not try rally-o for a few reasons (we'll get back to that after). It's also with a different group (last weekend was DockDogs, this weekend is Ultimate Air Dogs).

Oh that sounds fun, my husband and a couple of people he knows who used to be really into DockDogs now much prefer to jump with UAD. He was at a UAD event with his chocolate lab Cadbury a few weeks back. I'm guessing this event is in Canada you are going to? I almost got to go to something similar that had all those things you mentioned, and I think they also had conformation stuff....it was in Michigan and I was going to go with a couple friends and their dogs but then plans fell apart, I was so sad!

Good luck, it sounds like she is a good jumper, those are pretty decent distances she is getting!

sounds fun!
    is this coming weekend the Kars show, I know we don't have Dead Duck Day Saturday because its also the Southwestern Ontario Sporting Dog show, our trainers are heading off there.

it's in Maxville, sorta between Ottawa and Montreal. K9 Sport Fest
    www.k9sportfest.com/

Sounds like a fun time and that is the ultimate goal.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Way to go Penny! Best wishes for a great weekend also!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Good luck this weekend. I'm curious to know where it is. Is it in the Ottawa area?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Good luck this weekend. I'm curious to know where it is. Is it in the Ottawa area?
    Oops sorry, I just saw the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Oops sorry, I just saw the answer.
    should be a fun event so much to see and do!

Have fun. Gee, last time I was in Maxville we took the ferry across at Masson, Que. and took my Grandmother to the Highland Games. Boy, that was a long time ago.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos