It looks like our neighbor is dying.

The neighbor who was so aggressive about doing whatever she wanted on our property, including taking out our survey stakes twice (and demanding $10K at one point for some crazy project that we didn't want done) appears to be dying. She hasn't done anything on our property this year and we thought we had made our point with the cease and desist letter from an attorney. They didn't replace the survey stakes but we let it go. She apologized for her dog running around our goat enclosure (she has never apologized for anything before). She also keeps waving and watching us. I've been polite but distant, especially when it came to the dog who she screamed at when he took off. But in the last few weeks, she has lost significant weight and her hair has gone almost white. We saw her today and she looks absolutely awful.

Those poor kids. Her oldest is eleven now.

That's so sad.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

That is awful. My heart breaks for the kids.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

She could be just going through Chemo, radiation, that will cause you to loose weight and hair to turn white if it doesn't fall out. So there is a pretty good chance you might have to deal with her for years to come.

Yes, the physical change could be something that will improve. The behaviour change is much more peculiar. I'm told it's pretty well standard procedure that people with dire illness are put on anti-depressants. But, don't they just keep one on an even keel, not improve their outlook and behaviour over what it was before?

Or facing the Great Mystery might actually make some people ponder what is really important.

It's something. She's 5' 10" and weighs about 90 lbs as far as I can tell. Even if she's recovering or going through chemo now, that's got to be scary.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos