Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yum!

Yum!

Bought some fresh peaches to chop up and freeze for Mardi and Archie. Made the mistake of taking a taste. They were so good, sweet, juicy. Sorry pups, you got a little less than I planned. Also bought 3 pounds of cherries that were on sale for $3.50. I'm full right now so I'll pit and half them this evening (LOL).

Momma loves peaches!

How about you? What's your favorite fresh fruit?
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Blueberries omg I love them I buy frozen ones and put them in my smoothies. I can't resist a blueberry cobbler yummy!!

Senior Dog
    Cherries are my favorite. Last week they were $1.99 a pound. None made it to the freezer. Next are blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, followed closely by strawberries (if really fresh, I think they are growing them more for looks than taste anymore) and plums.

Raspberries, red ones. I like them best in pies but haven't made any yet this year. Oban and I have picked some wild ones, which are THE best. But I pick at pick your own to get enough for pies. Yummm. If it wasn't so blasted hot I might have gone this morning.

Cherries and peaches by far. Cantaloupe if it's ripe. Red raspberries in my breakfast yogurt. Strawberries if they're local and recently picked and taste like something. Blueberries not at all.

Pretty much anything right off the tree or bush but peaches definitely if I'm looking at grocery store fruit. Peach cobbler is my favorite dessert too. I like walking by my raspberries bushes and just a plucking a few this time of year then popping them in my mouth. Good stuff.

You can't beat fresh cantaloupe. Plums are delicious when fresh too. And real non-farm raised strawberries. I really like mangos and papayas too.

Peaches are a number one for me when they are really good. I bought some 3 weeks ago and only bought 3 and they were so good. I ended up eating all 3 in one sitting. Well more like I ate one and then 10 minutes later I was like that was awesome, ok maybe just one more. Then 20 minutes after that one I was like might as well eat that too, then about a half hour after that I was depressed.

I got some this weekend too and they were terrible. Same store so not sure what the difference was.

Fresh Pineapple is another one I love.

Peaches, Pears, and Honeycrisp Apples. If you have never had a honeycrisp you have not yet lived! There is a definite reason it is the state fruit of Minnesota. It is a hybrid that was made here at the University of Minnesota! They are only available a few weeks in the Fall (if you want them straight from the orchard) and nothing is better!!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Peaches, watermelon, red raspberries, pineapple and fresh apples in the Fall. Actually, I just really love fruit and could probably eat it constantly as long as it is fresh. Fruit in the Winter months just isn't the same.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos