FYI- Purina is buying Merrick

Just for anyone's info who might care. I feed ProPlan some, so it doesn't "matter" to me, but to some, it might.

Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Agreement with Merrick Pet Care, Inc.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Real Retriever
    Not surprised honestly; I think eventually all of them will conglomerate, it's only to be expected with the way today's world is. Merrick's been sold as a big box super store food for a while, so it's not like they've been separated from the other every day foods and one has to wonder if there *truly* is a difference in overall ingredients or just marketing.

Pet food is *pet food and pet quality feed* - there is only a certain quality standard to be held too; it's marketing that makes one believe the difference.

Not any one company is using top of the line human-grade quality ingredients; price-point wise they can't; if they were using true human grade ingredients or *ingredients fit for human consumption*, prices of foods would be unaffordable, and the USA would have no way to get rid of ingredients not fit for human consumption.

Animal feeds are all grouped to one standard, marketing is the only thing different for 90% of the dog food industry anyways....I once believed some brands were better then others in terms of sources of quality of ingredients; but in the end, it's all *pet feed*.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Woofie For This Useful Post:

Itstangy (07-22-2015)

Yep, I saw this too - doesn't bother me since I don't feed Merrick. Even if I did it still wouldn't bother me as I fed Niner PPSSS for a couple of years and have just recently changed him to something else.

Nancy

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos