Games you are good at.

I decided to ditch sudoku for a minute just because it's not really empowering, if you know what I mean. It's more about banging my head against a wall. Went to a game called Circuits which is all about creating non duplicating pathways to power lightbulbs attached to a power source and it turns out I'm really good at it.

What games are you really good at?

How about sorta kinda OK at? Pogo Scrabble
    Hidden Content

Ram - Adopted @ 6 y/o - 7/18/2011 - 7/4/2019
    CGN - 6/10/2013

Chess and Khet are my two game I am really good at. Unfortunately finding good players and time to play are other issues. They have apps and you can play against people online but it's not the same. The Khet app is terrible, it often looses it's mind mid game and then says it doesn't know who you are playing. So I stick to the board game. Plus the board game I have beam splitters and the mirrored tower as well that brings it to 3d levels.

I used to play a lot of cards: euchre, gin, hearts, egyptian ratscrew. I also really enjoy the new genre of board games that are more complex: settlers of catan (most well-known of this genre), seven wonders, dominion

It's been harder to get games in now that we have Bubba...

-fullsizerender-3-jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zd262 For This Useful Post:

Jeff (07-29-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by zd262 View Post
    I used to play a lot of cards: euchre, gin, hearts, egyptian ratscrew. I also really enjoy the new genre of board games that are more complex: settlers of catan (most well-known of this genre), seven wonders, dominion

It's been harder to get games in now that we have Bubba...

-fullsizerender-3-jpg
    ROFL, he just wants you to deal him in.

Cards Against Humanity. Not sure I am proud of this fact, but I just can't lose.

Love a card game called Flinch. Don't hear of many people playing it in years. Also, love crossword puzzles.

With grans, I'm stuck with Go Fish and Old Maid.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

I played a lot of pinochle the first couple years I was in the Air Force. Seemed once the old guys knew you could play, it got you out of a lot of work. So I got very good at counting cards. Pretty good at poker and backgammon.

i learned to count and early addition by 1st watching then playing Cribbage, my dad loves it, and he and a bunch of guys would always play it when i was really little. we used to go to "lodges" for new years, and for a week in the summer, memories of sitting on those old enclosed porches watching the men play, counting and dealing and pegging soooo fast.
    still like the game. gin rummy. played a lot in highschool and then university. never did learn some of the more traditional games like euchre. used to play a lot of monopoly, only person who could beat me was my brother. he was a master at it.
    1st tried that settlers of cannaan at christmas, and then again in Feb with my brother and his 4 kids. problem is, his mind was going, so he couldn't really keep the rules straight, so we just let him do whatever it was he was trying to do. Don't know that i can ever play it again.

Spades and its cousin, hearts. Uno. Middling at Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoutpout View Post
    i learned to count and early addition by 1st watching then playing Cribbage, my dad loves it, and he and a bunch of guys would always play it when i was really little. we used to go to "lodges" for new years, and for a week in the summer, memories of sitting on those old enclosed porches watching the men play, counting and dealing and pegging soooo fast.
    still like the game. gin rummy. played a lot in highschool and then university. never did learn some of the more traditional games like euchre. used to play a lot of monopoly, only person who could beat me was my brother. he was a master at it.
    1st tried that settlers of cannaan at christmas, and then again in Feb with my brother and his 4 kids. problem is, his mind was going, so he couldn't really keep the rules straight, so we just let him do whatever it was he was trying to do. Don't know that i can ever play it again.
    That takes me back. My brothers played it often when I was young. '15-2, 15-4, 15-6 and a pair makes 8.'
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos