Are You All Right?

I've had headaches from the heat and was crashed out on the chesterfield this afternoon when I felt a little pat, pat, poke, poke. Then a little nuzzle, nuzzle, nip, nip. Then a little foot caught my shoulder and tried to pull me up. I looked up right into Lucy's pretty little cat face that had an expression that for all the world said, "Are you all right?" Heck, it wasn't near supper time, I think she really was concerned about me.

How do your critters show concern when you are under the weather?

They know.
    (Headaches in heat usually means you're not staying hydrated enough. Try drinking more water)

Opie lets me know by not minding and sticking his head in my lap and whining. That's how he let me know when it was time to go to the hospital.

Duchess knows when I am sick. She will stay close and watch over me. Mocha notices too, he will lay his head in my lap and look at me with a look like "are you ok dad?"
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

the head on the lap, and big sad eyes, and not leaving my side. buuuuuttt, then, the "i think its time we went outside and patrolled the yard, don't you?" wag and woof! the look you get when you say, sorry, can't get off the couch/out of bed is priceless.

When I had my back surgery last Summer, Maxx never left my side. He has never been a dog to sleep on the bed but for weeks after I came home from the hospital he slept next to me constantly. He quickly learned how to help me sit up and would walk, glued to my side during physical therapy. He also learned to bring me random items that he had not been taught before. There were times my pain got out of control and he would lay his head on my shoulder to comfort me. He was the best "nurse" I could have asked for!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxx&Emma For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (08-04-2015), MikeLynn (08-03-2015)

I broke my back in 5 places in 2010 and I was single at the time, in college and living 2000 miles from my family. Sawyer was my only dog at the time and he never left my side. We lived on a ranch and he normally went out for hours at a time but when I was stuck in bed he never left me. I'm not sure if our other 2 dogs would be the same way if something happened now.

What a good kitty! Not that you needed to be woken up but she had to make sure you were OK.

It's uncanny how they know.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

9. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (08-04-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos