Puppy

Started my new job today

Started my new job today and love it.First stop was getting the ID cards made for Maddie and I.Maddie didn't like it having her picture taken and hers says my service dog on her ID tag.Safety supervisor was amazed I did put on my safety glasses on right away and met my new co workers in the shop area.He also understood Maddie is my service dog.The guys were resepectful to me seeing I get around in a wheelchair when I met them and say I am a great CEO.It hit one new co worker of mine hard,Rick after I told him why I get around in a wheelchair.Kindly asked me and told him I was in an abusive relationship which my ex shot me in the back two years ago paralyzed from the waist down.Said he has a sister that is in abusive relationship and asked me to talk to her which I said yes to.I was glad he is a caring brother seeing the reality that happened to me and told him that.I have met new friends also,two are in the office area and already have plans going out this weekend with them.

I'm so glad it went well. It sounds like a great group of people.

It sounds like a great place. Wishing you all the best in your new job.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Puppy
    It is and I am seen as a normal person although I have a disability.This one co worker I became friends with has a 15 year old son that is a below the leg amputee,performed a stunt he shouldn't have done last year.Said he has not been right ever since about it although he sees a therapist and I am going to meet him tomorrow night having a talk with him what I went through at first.

Senior Dog
    Good for you. Hope everything works out for you and you can help others. Did u get ur car?

Well, that is awesome news! I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you. I love your attitude! Especially after what you have been through. How are things going with your lab? Any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by audrey View Post
    It is and I am seen as a normal person although I have a disability.
    Gosh, this sentence really bothers me. You ARE a normal person, (well as "normal" as any of us may be any way), having a disability does not make you any less than any other person.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Senior Dog
    It sounds as if you've landed the perfect job...happy for you!

Puppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas dawg View Post
    Good for you. Hope everything works out for you and you can help others. Did u get ur car?
    I did get my card

10. The Following User Says Thank You to audrey For This Useful Post:

Dallas dawg (08-13-2015)

Puppy
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoppersDad View Post
    Well, that is awesome news! I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you. I love your attitude! Especially after what you have been through. How are things going with your lab? Any issues?
    I was taught very well not to take life for granted and bad things might happen in life.I pulled through after what my abusive ex did to me and have not looked back.Things with my lab are going well,had her in at the vet for a check up and this was last week.Everything looked good.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos