House Broken

So...What do you pay for dog sitting?

I have been dog sitting for my breeder for 15 years, which is how I ended up with my pup! She pays me very generously because I have to check on and feed her horses at night and she will have anywhere from 4-7 dogs at a time (including my own). I recently got an offer to stay overnights with 3, maybe 4 small dogs and do some garden watering. My pup can come and gets along with all of the dogs at this home. I don't know what to charge for this. They pet owners will be away for 2 weeks. I'm sure the area you are in makes a difference in terms of cost, but I've googled some boarding options nearby and they range from $23/night-$60/night per pet with a second pet at a reduced rate.

Let me know what you all think!

Our pet sitter charges $18 per visit plus $2 for each additional pet. When we go out of town it's usually our dogs and my in law's dogs (so 4 total) and the sitter makes 4 visits.

Here's a link to the rates my dog walker charges. We 're in the Washington, DC suburbs so we 're probably a bit higher priced. Doodlebug Dog Walker: Services and Rates.
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

I am using Dogvacay for my upcoming trip to Colorado for my sisters wedding. I take Daisy to a person's house who takes care of them and they are covered by pet insurance while they are there. She charges $33 per night, but I'm sure dogvacay takes a percentage of it.
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

I pet sit and normally charge 75 that includes doing the 4 visits then sleeping over if I were to watch them in my home or just hung out at there house I prob would do 50 for 4 dogs per day. My area is pretty pricey tho.

House Broken
    Thank you for the replies. I am in a pricey Boston suburb. And what I saw on the link shared was what I was thinking of charging. I have to sleep over, feed 2x day and a mid day pee break.

I pay $20 for a one hour home visit for Sophie and Bruce. I actually dropped them off for boarding this morning at a new place (for us) $25 for first dog, $20 for second dog. $15 for a 20 minute swim/play session per day, both dogs. I thinks it's a bit high, but knowing my dogs are safe and secure. Priceless.

I charged $50 a day to stay overnight at a house with 2 dogs, a cat, 2 horses and a bunch of chickens. Seeing this makes me think I should have charged more! It was actually pretty easy because the horses only ate hay and they had a natural water source in their pasture and the chickens just needed food 1 time a day. However, it was kind of inconvenient to stay at someone else's house so looking back on it I would have charged about $65-70 a day.

I would base your price on local boarding plus add a little extra since you are providing a better service by allowing the dog to stay in their own home and it is causing you some inconvenience.

House Broken
    Thanks for all the replies. I have given her my daily rate. At first she aid it was too much, but then she checked boarding at her vet and realized I was less expensive so I will be taking are of them in a few weeks.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos