Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is your least favorite chore (dog related)?

When Fran had her surgery, I was presented with the option to get a complimentary nail trim while she was under. I cannot tell you how happy I was. Beyond poop, urine, vomit, pilling, you name it, my least favorite dog related chore is the nail trim. I just suck at it so I go on the conservative side and then they get ahead of me and ugh.

What is your least favorite dog related chore?

Expressing anal glands. Poor little Whisper eventually had hers removed as they kept getting infected over and over and over.

Clearing the minefield. Though cleaning up puke comes in a very close second.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

On a routine basis, nail clipping. I'm way too hesitant and tentative making the job even harder. Can't do Archie at all.

Cleaning up puke especially if the event is one that wakes me up. My tummy has not had a time to "harden" at that time.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

House Broken
    In general, scooping the yard. Also, I don't trust our tap water, so I double filter it and put it in jugs. I don't really like that chore either. Accidents in the house don't bother me too too much. For nails it depends on the dog. One of mine loves to lay there, and it's more like a bonding experience. Another is squirmy, so it's not exactly fun but not terrible. The third (not a lab) hates it and gets downright nasty.

I hate torturing Emma to dremel her nails. She is convinced we are cutting off her paws, has always been, it really is stressful. The worst has to be the constant battle with dog hair everywhere though.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Cleaning my car of dog hair!

Trying to clean the dried on dog snot/slobber off of my sliding glass doors!
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

Trying to keep the window sills, walls, and baseboards clean of hair and whatever else gets smudged on there when they lean up against them is the worst. The oils in their coats and Chase's fondness for dust baths out under the pine trees can really leave a mark. I can tolerate pee, poop, vomit, those are not currently frequent indoor issues.

Poop scooping. Definitely. Especially in the spring when you find ones that were underneath the snow......

However, I do have to say, to all of you who have cats I tip my hat to you. I am not a cat person (mostly because I am quite allergic), however I am helping my neighbors out by feeding their cats while they are on vacation. I had to scoop on Friday for them because that is garbage day. It was about 1000X worse than poop patrol for me. Ugh!!!!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos