Puppy

Pro Plan Sensitive Skin

Hi Guys,

We've been feeding the PPSSS to all 3 dogs for several years with no complaints and great results. In the last couple of months, the dogs (even my hoover dog that will eat anything), aren't eating it with as much gusto. It's been hotter here, but still the one dog will always clean his bowl and he isn't even finishing all of his. (*maybe leaving 1/3-1/2 cup each feeding and he only gets 2 cups a day and needs that much).

Has anyone else noticed a change in their dogs appetite on this or am I the only one?

Thanks!

That's the food we feed Thor and I haven't noticed a change in his eating habits even with the recent heat wave. I noticed they changed the packaging - I wonder if the formula has changed as well? I haven't paid much attention since Thor hoovers it up and his poops are fine.
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

I haven't heard that the formula changed but I usually rotate a bit between Pro Plan flavors. I imagine the dogs get bored with the same flavor all the time. There is a Salmon and Rice variety, or try Turkey, unless there is a definite reason why you picked SSS like tummy problems.

I don't feed Pro Plan but I will say this, if my dogs turned their nose up at a previously enthusiastically eaten food I would try a new bag. Either a different formula or a completely different lot number. Especially when 3 dogs are a bit off.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Niner eats PPSSS, but we haven't had any problems with him not eating it. He inhales it as always. Do you think you got an icky bag? Oh, I do moisten the food and I add a spoonful of canned food.

Nancy

Couple months ago Max started to back away from food, ppsss. Changed his food for couple weeks ( yes coat started looking bad ) . Went back to PPSSS last week . Not sure why he backed away initially ... Max could have eaten something outside or that particular bag of food , it was picked it up at a store I do no shop at for Max 's food but I was in that particular area .

Hope they are doing better

Kathy

Puppy
    Thanks everyone! It's been like this for two-three bags. So I picked up some Fromm Salmon this past weekend and they are gobbling it up. I just pray my sensitive boy tolerates it well. Maybe they just needed a change--even though it's still salmon.

I did contact Purina and they have said they have not made any changes to the formula, so that is good to hear.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gingers Mom For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (09-01-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos