Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

what makes you a Crazy Dog Person?

So for all of us here, I think its pretty safe to say our dogs are our life, or a pretty MAJOR part of our lives.
    What is it that make you think you've reach a point were you can say you are certifiably a
    Crazy Dog Person?

For me.... the fact that I take time off from work to celebrate my fur-kids birthdays.
    But in my defense, I do work an opposite schedule from my husband. So if we want to have pup-cakes together as a family on their exact b-days I take time off.

I think my friends and family think I'm pretty crazy for a lot of reasons. I think strangers probably think I'm crazy because when I walking my dog I talk to him CONSTANTLY. Partly it's because we're doing loose-leash walking training, but partly it's because I'm home alone with him all day so I get used to talking to him a lot and that carries over into public.

For my parents I think it's the amount of money I spend on my dog.

Oh gosh, there are so many things that I consider normal and necessary that probably most people think is crazy. I feed raw, and sometimes I wonder what my coworkers would think if they could see me in my garage hacking up a dead animal and bagging it up for future meals for my dogs. Or just daily meal prep things, a lot of people would probably think I'm nuts. When I needed a urine sample for Tux and got my hand peed on while collecting it, then put it in the fridge until it was time to go to the vet, and since the vet is 30 minutes away I wrapped it in ice packs for the car ride. To me these are just every day normal activities necessary for my dog's health, I'm sure people on here get it but a lot of people would probably think it is a bit extreme.

I do order everyone a dog birthday cake for bdays, and most of the PTO days I take end up being to do dog things. I've used a lot this year to take Tux to Barn Hunt events. Which, I tried explaining Barn Hunt to a co-worker one day and they looked at me like I was nuts, lol.

LOL, my girlfriend thinks I love Chopper more than her. I can't bear telling her the truth.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChoppersDad For This Useful Post:

Georgie (08-19-2015), Meeps83 (08-18-2015), Moby and Barley's Mom (08-19-2015), teej89 (08-18-2015)

House Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoppersDad View Post
    I can't bear telling her the truth.
    hahahahaha!!!!!!

My office is plastered with pictures of Bacon, and I brag about him constantly. Everyone in the office has heard so many stories, and they all adore him.

Also, as I said before, the fact that we talk for Bacon. Also Jake has Bacon wave goodbye to me every morning. He puts him up on his hind legs, and has his paws come up to his face, "bye bye Mommy, bye bye!" I leave the house nearly in tears some mornings.

Also, still my favorite thing Jake has done with Bacon. He has Bacon pray. To the puppy gods before meals. He says "in the name of the Treats, the rawhides, the bumpers and the ducks, pawmen." (I sure hope that no one finds this offensive, not trying to make fun of prayers!)
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaconsMom For This Useful Post:

kimbersmom (08-18-2015), Moby and Barley's Mom (08-19-2015)

I spend more on my dogs than I do myself. I pay way too much attention to their poops. I will not vacation without my dogs. I do talk for my dogs and to my dogs, constantly. I make up silly songs and dance with my dogs. I leave the tv on for my dogs if I leave the house...

There are many things I do that some may not understand and if that makes me a "crazy dog person", I am ok with that!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxx&Emma For This Useful Post:

Georgie (08-19-2015)

I wear a fanny pack. In the city.
    Charlie and Burton

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charliebbarkin For This Useful Post:

Georgie (08-19-2015), Macy (08-19-2015), Scoutpout (08-18-2015)

I talk about Mocha like most people talk about their kids I show Mocha pictures to people whether they've asked or not. I think taking him for a pupuccino at Starbucks raises some eyebrows. But, so what? He's my little bitty baby puppy boy OK, not so little bitty (103 lbs) and not much of a puppy (2 years). He's my Mocha and I count him as one of my blessings. So, if that's makes me a crazy dog person, I'm in good company

I love Bacon's prayer to the puppy gods! That is absolutely adorable!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxx&Emma For This Useful Post:

BaconsMom (08-18-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos