Puppy

Finding a good groomer for Maddie

I am looking into finding a good groomer for Maddie.Noticed her claws are starting to get a little too long lately and I am not going to do it.I fear that I may cut them wrong and screw them up.So far a couple of my friends suggested a lady that they take their dogs to for grooming giving me her business card.Works with labs very well also,I heard good more good things about her too.What should I look into also looking into a groomer for Maddie?

Even a vet can trim nails for you.

Puppy
    My vet won't do them,have not found someone good at it.Plus she got into something last night that stunk bad.I ended up getting it out washing it out myself.

Labs do not need regular bathing like some breeds. Maxx just had his first real bath, he is 4 y/o. If mine get in something stinky I rinse them off and spot shampoo, if necessary. If it is just for a nail trim you should be fine with the recommendations of friends. I have heard horror stories of what some people do to Labs, like shaving them. Please don't ever let anyone do that to Maddie!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxx&Emma For This Useful Post:

Sue (08-20-2015)

You can also get a dremel tool and do it yourself. It's very easy once you get them used to it, Daisy just hands me her paws. Her back feet wear down on their own so I only do the front paws.

Puppy
    This same lady was recommended by the place I got Maddie too.Called this lady up,an appointment set for Friday and she does not shave labs which she does not recommend at all.

Quote Originally Posted by audrey View Post
    This same lady was recommended by the place I got Maddie too.Called this lady up,an appointment set for Friday and she does not shave labs which she does not recommend at all.
    good to hear a groomer that will do right by the dog and not just what wahtever it takes for money (and that knows enough to know the difference). hope it goes well!

My vet will do a nail trim as a part of an appt, but not a separate nail only visit.

We take Mocha to Petsmart for a nail trim. He gets the "Paw-dicure" which includes the grinding and ear clean for $20. DH or I don't want to do his nails. And it's a nice outing because he usually gets a toy and a puppucino (cup of whipped cream) from Starbucks. The last time I took him, he just hopped up on the table before they asked him.

I like how they treat Mocha. It's obvious they love dogs. They talk to him, not just boss him around. The first time, he was cautious of the grinder (bucked a bit) and they just stopped and hugged on him and told him it was ok until he calmed a bit. My biggest thing is how they treat Mocha. They treat him like the awesome dog that he is. They do a great job on his nails and ears.

Puppy
    It went great and Maddie did well during her nail trim,cleaned the ears too.I missed a spot where she got into that stinky spot.Maddie looks good and not bad for $25.00.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos