Thread: Dilemma.....

Dilemma.....

Hi All!

So we have a dilemma....
    Spot ready to come home Sept. 4th, he has siblings that are all flying out that day. Problem is, we are away until Sept. 5th!
    Breeder said she can also ship him out Sept. 7th.
    SO
    the dilemma is....should we have him fly out w. his siblings and I will find someone to go pick him up and take care of him for a day (his first night away from home)
    OR
    have him fly out himself on the 7th, and pick him up ourselves?

we would like to have him earlier of course so that he will be home when we come home...but we also feel that it would be best if we pick him up and he stays with us his first night away from home...

Which would be better??!!!
    thanks all!!

are they ALL being shipped by plane? That's sorta strange. i assume they will all be in seperate crates and not all going to the same place?

I'd let him stay with teh breeder an extra day and pick him up when you are ready.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post:

Itstangy (08-19-2015)

Where is he coming from- Iowa or someplace like that?

I guess I would want to be the one to pick him up at the airport if I was flying him, in case there's any problem with the transport. So I'd want him shipped when I could be the one to pick him up. But I'd feel like there's less chance of a whole pile of puppies getting misplaced or overlooked than a single, so I'd probably want him to go with the others.

OK, I'd probably cut my trip short to pick him up with the others, if I'm being entirely truthful here. Maybe this isn't helpful...
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

Itstangy (08-19-2015)

Duplicate- sorry.

I would pick him up myself, just a personal preference. I know that the first night away from his siblings will be new and sometimes scary for him, so best for you to be there to be with him.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaconsMom For This Useful Post:

Itstangy (08-19-2015)

I would be the one to pick up the puppy. I am not sure I would have had the pup shipped. I would have cancelled the vacation and instead flown to the breeder to pick up my puppy personally.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JenC For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (08-20-2015), LucyTudeOn4Feet (08-19-2015), Tanya (08-19-2015)

I don't think they are all being shipped, maybe one or two of his siblings. Not too sure where his siblings are being shipped to, but I guess the breeder wanted to make one trip to the airport instead of two separate trips.
    Yea, I think I'm def. going to wait till the 7th instead so we can pick him up ourselves.

JenC - I would've loved to be able to go there to pick him up ourselves, but I have limited vacation days, and the fam wanted to fit in a last vacay for the year before school starts and before we have a new pup to care for. Probably won't be going on another vacay anytime soon after the pup comes home.
    Shipping the pup was a concern when I've first contacted the breeder, but the breeder reassured me and said she has shipped many pups and they all do fine.

thanks all! We will wait till the 7th!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itstangy For This Useful Post:

BaconsMom (08-19-2015), katALlabs (08-19-2015), kimbersmom (08-19-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos