Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fingers.. Swelling From the Heat?

Apparently this is fairly common but it's never happened to me before. I only wear two rings, an itsy, bitsy high school one on my left baby finger and my wedding ring. I took the little one off a half hour ago, it was hurting and left an indentation in my finger. Now I think I'll have to take the wedding ring off too, it's bothering me quite a bit.

Do you find this? Have you had to take rings off?

Heat. Salt. Excessive humidity.

This happens to me, too. JenC is right - heat, salt, humidity. Drink lots of water and chill

LOL, I'm drinking enough water to run the well dry and flood the septic tank already.

Senior Dog
    I've never had rings hurt but go through times of day when I can't take them off or put them back on...in addition to the above, sugar also makes you retain water and can affect the fingers.

Agree with the above. If you have trouble getting them off, spray windex around them - works like some magical incantation! You can also get them off with dental floss, but you'll need to Google that one.

Agree with heat, humidity and salt. While drinking is advised, too much can cause swelling.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

I'll say it again although several have beaten me to it. Too little water and too much salt/sodium in your diet.

I've got rings on 8 of my 10 fingers, and i like them to fit snugly, so there are many days when i couldn't take them off if i wanted to! I've only ever had a finger hurt with the ring a few times, by that point there is no way the ring could come off, so i run the finger under cold water, and then if i can, rest that finger/hand in a bowl of cool water. sorry, no better suggestions!

Sounds like you were able to remove them, or at least the pinkie ring wasn't impossible to remove. My rings fit looser and tighter, usually tighter in summer and looser in winter. I worked my rings off just now, with some soap and having to kind of screw them off, and I definitely have indentations but they weren't hurting. I even had my rings enlarged a little a few years ago, having picked up a few LBs since getting married all those years ago, apparently in my fingers as well as my hips, and they still get tighter in the summer.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos