Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog Shampoo

Dog Shampoo

I gave the boys a bath yesterday with that Buddy Wash (by cloud star) shampoo. I think I have mentioned before that I like it, but since they don't get a bath that often I forgot how nice it is! It is an all natural, coconut base that rinses out really well and makes them so soft and shiny and clean. Plus they are both shedding and the bath really helped to get some of that hair out. I am so sick of vacuuming the stairs.

Anyway, if you are looking for a nice dog shampoo, I recommend trying this one out.

Anyone have a favorite one they like?
    Charlie and Burton

2. The Following User Says Thank You to charliebbarkin For This Useful Post:

WhoopsaDaisy (10-30-2014)

I love DERMagic products. I like their peppermint and tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner. And they also have a dead sea salt scrub that is nice for when Tux gets flaky in the winter.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shellbell For This Useful Post:

charliebbarkin (06-03-2014)

Puppy
    When I worked at a vet clinic that also had a groomer, I got hooked on Nature's Specialties. Their Plum Crazy line of shampoo, conditioner and "cologne" is my favorite. I don't bathe my dogs often at all, but the "cologne" is really nice for in between baths or if they get stinky.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to justine For This Useful Post:

LOL, I liked a Pet Valu one so much for the nice shiny gleam it gave Jet's black coat that I tried it on my own, then black, hair. Very harsh and dry on my hair though maybe mine was more dry than hers to begin with.

For Oban's itchy hide I have finally found a shampoo that helps him. Furrever Devoted Medicated. It smells a little medicinal but I tried four before that did not help and one made him worse so medicinal smell it is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

When I am not concerned about coat texture and just want mine clean, I love the Chris Christensen Day to Day shampoo. When showing I use a hard coat terrier shampoo, that doesn't strip oils. The Day to Day smells soooo good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelley For This Useful Post:

Um, sorry, I just got completely distracted from this thread by that adorable picture of chocolate puppies!!!!
    Charlie and Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    LOL, I liked a Pet Valu one so much for the nice shiny gleam it gave Jet's black coat that I tried it on my own, then black, hair. Very harsh and dry on my hair though maybe mine was more dry than hers to begin with.

For Oban's itchy hide I have finally found a shampoo that helps him. Furrever Devoted Medicated. It smells a little medicinal but I tried four before that did not help and one made him worse so medicinal smell it is.
    Hey it says right on the label that you can use the Buddy Wash on humans! Why not?! Haha. Interesting that it was harsh on your hair though.
    Charlie and Burton

I love Cloud Star! I haven't tried the Buddy Wash, but I've seen it. The past few times the kids have been bathed I've used one of those shampoos especially for black coats. Perfect Coat, I think it is. It sure brings out the shine and I like the scent. Can't say for sure if it is a good shampoo or not other than that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BogeyBaby For This Useful Post:

I got Everyday Isle of Dogs Puppy Shampoo (I think, my little guy is sitting on me so I can't go check!). Its smells super tasty, and it's sulfate free & tear free. Not too drying for the beast and my hands don't get a sulfate freak out. We've gone totally sulfate free thanks to my sensitive skin, so I was stoked to find that in a reasonably priced dog shampoo

I'll have to check out Buddy Wash, its nice to have options!
    Pixie & her Paramour
    Hidden Content

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DodgyLookingBird For This Useful Post:

Have used Earth Bath and love it. Have to think about it since we rarely give doggy baths.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos