My husband just scared me to death.

I am scared to death of cockroaches and not a fan of mice. They all are just too small and invasive and move way too fast.

I went to get meat out of the freezer for the dogs just now and checked the mouse traps on the way up the stairs. My husband was at the kitchen sink and pulled out the cookie sheet we thaw out meat on. As I was putting the meat down, all of these little dark things came off the countertop, hit the floor and started scurrying around. I freaked out.

When he put down the cookie sheet, he knocked over a container of blueberries.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to janedoe For This Useful Post:

SunDance (08-27-2015)

I am right there with you! I will jump out of my skin if I even think I saw a roach. The other day a huge one was crawling in my make up bag. I wouldn't go back in until my husband killed the nasty thing.

Yuck! I do not like bugs and rodents are pretty creepy too.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

OMG, the bug dance! How there wasn't a huge mess to clean up.
    Hidden Content
    Kissing Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    OMG, the bug dance! How there wasn't a huge mess to clean up.
    There was! We brought out our super efficient vacuum cleaner. His name is Argos.

I don't mind mice. Too much. Don't at all miss Texas cockroaches or six legged mice as Faye calls them. They were impossible to totally eradicate. It was as though when you opened the silverware drawer and found one there it would say 'Hey close the drawer I'm busy in here.'

Am grateful to have seen nary a one up here.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kleb View Post
    I don't mind mice. Too much. Don't at all miss Texas cockroaches or six legged mice as Faye calls them. They were impossible to totally eradicate. It was as though when you opened the silverware drawer and found one there it would say 'Hey close the drawer I'm busy in here.'

Am grateful to have seen nary a one up here.
    Didn't you have those really big ones down in Texas? We had the huge ones in Arizona and they flew.

When we got married I was TOLD I was the designated bug killer. I have been called inside with the call "Honey, there's a spider in the tub!"
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe View Post
    Didn't you have those really big ones down in Texas? We had the huge ones in Arizona and they flew.
    Yes they were big and yes they flew. They flew very, very loudly. They sounded like a small fan.

I lived in Houston as a child. Vividly remember trucks passing through our neighbourhood in the evening during the warm season (basically April into November) at night, amber lights flashing, fogging the air. With DDT. That kept the mosquitoes and roaches down. For a little while. I should probably have eight legs and sixteen eyes.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos