Montana & Dakota....Heroes:)

So Montana & Dakota are true heroes. Sunday I took them outside on leash to go potty & out of nowhere comes this boxer-charging full speed right at us. Dakota started barking & growling & lunging & Montana ( once he got his head out of the strawberry plants) chimed in with his bark...Montana's bark is powerful, you can feel it in your chest like a loud bass! They turned from my sweet marshmallows into fierce dogs-all to protect. Just wanted to share the story because we all know how sweet Labs are and it was amazing to see this side of them too. The dog turned & ran off. Hopefully he doesn't come back, it was all my strength & yelling to keep hold of both of them & if my dd was outside I'm pretty sure they'd have gotten out of my hands-they'd do anything for her.
    They both got snacks & we rolled around on the ground playing for quite a while after that. Dakota did try to eat grass though-she must have been pretty upset by the whole ordeal...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MontananDakota For This Useful Post:

MikeLynn (06-03-2014), ZRabbits (06-04-2014)

You never know. I've heard way too many stories of sweet, laid back labs, coming to the rescue.

Bandit always welcomed anyone at the door. One day a salesman appeared and Bandit was totally different, hackles up, low rumble. I trusted him completely, closed and locked the door. He never did it previously and never did it again.

that gave me chills.
    Yes it's funny because when we're out Dakota is usually pretty protective but still sweet, Montana is sweet to everybody always wagging & wiggling his whole body ( he's just that full of love ) But you know it happened so fast that I really didn't even have the chance to be able to tell the other dogs intentions. Maybe he was charging to play?? But by both Montana & Dakotas reactions I've got to believe play wasn't his intention. I mean, they know dog language better than me right? lol
    amazing....

Lily our yellow lab loved everyone! my mom was an accountant working out of our home, so lily got to meet lots of people. she only ever growled at 2 people. My mom later found out that both of those people were criminals. The first was a man who was using a fake identity to escape violent crimes in his state. The second was a man who was an alcoholic for years and he was violent towards his family. Once he stopped drinking, Lily LOVED him. She was the greatest judge of character I know.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos